Where in brisbane is a nice play to live

Guest chocolatey

Guest chocolatey

Hi Guys, you will see my name popping up in all forums!

Currently looking at moving to Brisbane due to my husband job Oppurtunity.

We are a family of 4 with 2 children age 9 and 2 both boys. Can anyone recommend some nice places to live and is nice for the children. Im not looking at anywhere that got to be spot on as I know you can live anywhere and have problems. I would like some ideas on area for my childrens schooling and names of decent schools,A friendly place to live. Myself and my husband are both really outgoing people and get on with anyone:o)

Look forward to hear from you Clairex

Hey Chocolatey

We have just started our visa application process (175), how long is it expected to be before you arrive in Brissy? How far through the visa process are you? I guess its going to be quick if your hubby has been offered a job!

We too are headed for Brissy Gold Coast Area, but its probably going to be a year or so until we arrive.

Just saying hi really as we are embarking on the same journey.

Take care and all the best.

Adam (37), Michelle (35), Jordan (9) and Emily (6 going on 18!)

Hi Guys, you will see my name popping up in all forums!

Currently looking at moving to Brisbane due to my husband job Oppurtunity.

We are a family of 4 with 2 children age 9 and 2 both boys. Can anyone recommend some nice places to live and is nice for the children. Im not looking at anywhere that got to be spot on as I know you can live anywhere and have problems. I would like some ideas on area for my childrens schooling and names of decent schools,A friendly place to live. Myself and my husband are both really outgoing people and get on with anyone:o)

Look forward to hear from you Clairex

Hi Claire, somewhere with nice parks, schools, a public swimming pool, free movies and events by the lake, Kangeroos and Koalas within a few minutes walk. Have a look at North Lakes not everyones cup of tea as we all know but you ask anyone with small kids living here and they won't argue. North Lakes Mango Hill, Queensland - Community Portal :yes:hope this helps.

Dale

Hi Claire

Just jumping onto this thread as my o/h's friend is quite keen for us to go to Brisbane. If we could also get any info on nice areas with two young children (aged 1 & 2) we'd be really grateful.

Many thanks

Valerie

Hi everyone

I have just submitted my visa last week and am moving to Brisbane hopefully Aug 2009 if everything goes well, I have never been before but have been doing lots of research on the web.. www.ourbrisbane.com is a good site as it tells you all about the different areas. I have decided that North lakes/mango hill seems the perfect area for my family and will be checking out the local schools once I arrive. I always look on goggle earth aswell to see how far away areas are from everything.

Hope this helps and good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charlg87

Hi there,

I live in South East Brisbane, It depends on which amenities you would rather be close to... If you'd like to live by the bayside but 20 minutes from the city, Manly, Manly west and Wynnum are nice places to live and there are some lovely family homes there. I live near Cleveland which is the gateway to the Stradbroke Island ferry and I find it lovely here.

Where I live is about 30-40 minutes to the Gold Coast (movie and dreamworld and wet and wild etc) and the beach. I have lived here for about 5 years and I love it.

The redlandshire is nice if you like a relaxed, safe, quiet lifestyle and there are plenty of good schools - Ormiston College, Sheldon College, Cannon Hill anglican college, Redlands college are all lovely schools if you are looking for low costing private schools. Manly, Wynnum, Cleveland and Ormiston also have excellent state schools.

I attended Ormiston College and it goes from prep to year 12 and I loved it, there is a great atmosphere there and lovely teachers.

For young children Cleveland and Manly West are lovely areas.

Wishing you all the best, Charlotte (hope this can help you in your research :) )

We are all so different and each love the area we live in for our own different reasons. The best way to find a suitable area for your family is to drive,drive and drive abit more. I was amazed how suburbs can vary so much yet be so close together.

We choose this area as its one of the few land estates where you can live on acerage and still have schools,shops and a kindy on the estate. I like having the city or the beaches of surfers paradise less than an hour way and property was still cheap enough when we moved here to allow us to live mortgage free. Its open and green and has enough kids clubs to keep the little ones entertained.

Brisbane has many lovely suburbs ,it all depends what you as a family like and where you find that feels like 'home' ,good luck with your search,i found the Where To Live Guide for Greater Brisbane was a good read when i was in your position and the our brisbane website as stacks of info on various suburbs.Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest charlg87

I agree,

although I do love my area and thought Id share it, there are many different lifestyles available in Brisbane and it pays to check them all out!

The guide sounds like a good idea...

Charlotte

I was over in Cleveland a few weeks ago doing some research for a family and i must say i agree with you its a great area, with some lovely houses,you choose well. I liked Thornalands and Raby Bay too ,although somehow i think them stunning waterfront houses at Raby Bay may just be out of my price range by a few cents ,lol.

Cal x

Guest charlg87

Definately agree Cal. Raby Bay is beautiful but its very pricey these days.

My friends dad is a cleveland property developer and he informs us that raby is actually built on swamp and is gradually sinking/not stable.:huh:

I actually live in Thornlands on a road which is semi acreage.. but my fam were lucky that they got it before the price boom!

My partner and I are looking at moving closer to the city but rentals are soo expensive these days... so might just save for an actual house deposit. hehe

anyways all the best still! :yes:

Guest Happyone
Definately agree Cal. Raby Bay is beautiful but its very pricey these days.

My friends dad is a cleveland property developer and he informs us that raby is actually built on swamp and is gradually sinking/not stable.:huh:

I actually live in Thornlands on a road which is semi acreage.. but my fam were lucky that they got it before the price boom!

My partner and I are looking at moving closer to the city but rentals are soo expensive these days... so might just save for an actual house deposit. hehe

anyways all the best still! :yes:

Your friend's dad is right about Raby Bay. It was actually mangroves and a really important breeding ground for fish. Then they go and build this man-made canal estate on it. It's an environmental disaster and people in the Redlands pay a fee in their rates to 'save' it - some sort of levy. I also know quite a few houses there are rentals with lots of students living in them.

Guest charlg87
Your friend's dad is right about Raby Bay. It was actually mangroves and a really important breeding ground for fish. Then they go and build this man-made canal estate on it. It's an environmental disaster and people in the Redlands pay a fee in their rates to 'save' it - some sort of levy. I also know quite a few houses there are rentals with lots of students living in them.

Wow, I didn't know we were paying to save it. Its pretty ridiculous...

:huh:

Yeh a few friends of mine have lived there (students too) and they think its overpriced.

thanks for the info :spinny:

Archived