Anyone going to the Leeds EXPO?

the_nanny_uk2

Guest stuart

we live in leeds so we are going. we have got our visa and flights sorted to go out on the 27th december this year but we need a bit more info on schools out there. westpac are going be there as well so we are going to open our bank accounts.. are you all set for going or are you just starting out that long path..........stuart paula and jack

Hi hun,

We're just starting the visa process now, got house and caravan on the market. Just cant wait now,lol.

You havent got long to wait the hey? Bet ur excited. How olds your son? Where are you going to?

Let me know if you fancy meeting up at lunch.

jo, Gary, Ben & Daniel

Guest heljef1
How many of you are going to be paying the Leeds Expo a visit on the 18th October?

Was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up at it for lunch and a natter?

Jo x

Hi there.

We live in Leeds also but are going on the Sunday not the Saturday. Hope you get the info you want and Good luck with the visa process.

Helen x

Hi,

Not trying to put a dampner on things but i remember people talking about these expo's last year and a lot were saying they were a pile of sh*t! I went to one in Manchester and to be honest got very bored after about 10 mins, just full of people trying to flog you stuff/services with no real emphases on usefull/free information. I hope i'm wrong, but don't expect too much! Pls post to say how it goes.

Andy

Guest craignkaren

we're going and was quite excited about it- not sure now! ooh er...

hope it wont be as bad as they seem to have been in the past and organisers realised they've been abit pants... well, i can hope!

see you there!

Guest scarletsfan

Hi all

Me and the oh are definatly going.

I've got 2 job interviews lined up 1 on friday the other on Saturday so hope to see some of you there

Philip and Sam

Guest craignkaren

good luck philip and sam with interviews etc! very exciting times.

we went to nz expo in leeds last weekend and sadly i have to agree with many of the above who were disapointed... only a few stands, not enough folks staffing them (especially immigration one), employers/recruitment didn't say anything you couldn't find easily online. still, we got a free bag and loads of pens if that counts for anything???! we were more than sorted in an hour and a half including queueing at stands.

we saw gok wan doing a fashion show outside!

were hoping the oz one will be better and will make the best of it anyway.

hope to see you there, craig and karen.

Guest craignkaren

well, we've just got back from the oz expo and it was MUCH better than the nz one last weekend. immigration had 2 stands and more staff although big queues as had the adelaide stand and skilled migrant stand. we had interesting talk to the medics who do the medicals and they were saying alot of people get caught out by having undiagnosed (til the medical) raised blood pressure so they reccomend you get yours checked before the medical along with your bmi-do that a good while in advance incase you need to loose weight to have a healthy one to pass.

craigs got an interview lined up this week with a company he met today, little sooner than planned but hey ho!

ps we went to the nz expo to be 100% sure oz was where our heart is- and as we knew along it is!

ttfn xxx

Yes we got backa few hours ago with our rains buzzing about stuff. We were expecting it to be a little bigger but still got all the info we needed.

WA said they'd sponsor Gary in a blink! and then a recruitment guy said he could find him a sponsor and we could be out there in 4wks!! eeekkk. We would prefper to go on a 175/176 visa tho. Thought the Medical people were very good, gave us some good ideas.

Our kids are really impressed that Australia gives out free toys! lmao. we came back with a bag with foam planes, 2 rugby balls each, a football, pens and lollies in. Hate to shatter their illusion!

Yes a good day out. Nice to meet up with Phill & Sam and also John & Jennifer too.

Jo x

Guest craignkaren
Yes we got backa few hours ago with our rains buzzing about stuff. We were expecting it to be a little bigger but still got all the info we needed.

WA said they'd sponsor Gary in a blink! and then a recruitment guy said he could find him a sponsor and we could be out there in 4wks!! eeekkk. We would prefper to go on a 175/176 visa tho. Thought the Medical people were very good, gave us some good ideas.

Our kids are really impressed that Australia gives out free toys! lmao. we came back with a bag with foam planes, 2 rugby balls each, a football, pens and lollies in. Hate to shatter their illusion!

Yes a good day out. Nice to meet up with Phill & Sam and also John & Jennifer too.

Jo x

well done, thats great news! we've just had someone on the phone too lining up a meeting with craig- i'm going cross eyed at the thought of 4 weeks though!!!

my house sounds like it resembles yours, the free bags will be great for shopping though- we've got 11! (and the pen mountain will write many a shopping list!.)

son and dog enjoying the balls but too wet to test the boomerang!, let us know how you get on and many congratultions on your news, craig and karen. :cute:

sounds like it should be good tomorow. we exchanged contracts on our house on thursday so we really are going now. only 10 weeks to go yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:jiggy::biglaugh:

sounds like it should be good tomorow. we exchanged contracts on our house on thursday so we really are going now. only 10 weeks to go yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:jiggy::biglaugh:

Oh thats fab news hun, bet you are sooo chuffed! Lest hope the housing market picks up now and the rest of us can sell ours and get out there with you. Roll on OZZZZZZ

Guest horatio8

Hi everyone , I too am going tomorrow. Wasn't sure of what to expect but I have been advised to take CV's with me as I'm a Painter by trade and they're crying out for trade people. I have a applied for a job on line in Perth and just waiting for the HR manager of the company to say I'm what they want. The whole family are excited but I will be there by myself tomorrow. I will be able to mind more out. Good to hear it was better than the NZ one and thanks for the advice about the Blood Pressure and BMI, I too have a few pounds to lose. I'm leaving Beverley at about half nine -ten so should be there about 11-1130 if anyone want to meet for coffee?

Steve

well congratulations you lot!on the visa's ,we went the expo at coventry last weekend and it was what we needed , pensions, bank accounts and finance mainly, and a few chats with removals people, 2 hrs was enough, for us but it was part of our process , all the best

Guest horatio8

Thanks Jo. I knew I should have put a post on earlier. I've printed a load out on quality paper as well. I will sort it out in the morning, bit late looking for my memory stick. Did you have any luck with yours?

Steve

Guest horatio8

Hi Jo, Forgive me I have just rereadyour post at the top of the page and yes you did have some good news. What trade is Gary?

Guest horatio8

No wonder they wanted to sign him up there and then. I think I will have to go out on a 457 visa as I am just 45 and I think the company I have applied to also wants experience, been doing the job 28 years. I also read as you said earlier that they can grant a visa if you have a sponsor within 2 days but generally give up to 2 weeks. don't Know how true it was. A bit quick for you Jo, going in a few weeks?

Guest horatio8

At this present moment in time I work for the Police catching people speeding!!!!! But I have applied for what i do best which is Painting whether as a Decorator, Sprayer or Shot Blaster. I have experience of them all. The job i applied for was for Industrial Painters Global and up popped the one for Perth. I hve a cousin in Melbourne but it is Perth I have set my heart on especiially after reading the other threads about Painters getting jobs. We too have to sell the house to move but hopefully that will go through when I get confirmation of the job. If it is quik we may just auction it with a reserve price? Is that something you have considered?

Steve

hmmm not really. We need the money from it, and as much as we can get, to cover coming over and restarting our life with 2 young kids. Got debts from me being ill too so they need paying off.

Will look at doing an open house if still no joy after a few months but hopefully the market is picking up again now.

Archived