VISA GRANTED TODAY - and advice for others on DeFacto Visa

Guest ClaireBaxter84

Guest jenny79

one final suggestion... if i were you i'd ask a moderator to separate your question and put it in another thread... it might be the case that people won't visit this thread thinking that whoever is replying is congratulating the original poster for their visa grant :)

Guest SkyeStephen09

Ok cool thanks! what on earth do i ask this person? Ask if they can separate a question i have from an original thread?? What do i ask?? Sorry I'm a bit lost with this - I'm new to the site!

Guest jenny79

if you click on their nick, a drop-down menu will appear... one of the items there tells you to send a personal message... click there, and give them the link to this thread... tell them that you posted a question and ask them whether they could separate it for you....

johatts posted here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/55779-bolton2brisbane-coming-back.html

Guest SkyeStephen09
if you click on their nick, a drop-down menu will appear... one of the items there tells you to send a personal message... click there, and give them the link to this thread... tell them that you posted a question and ask them whether they could separate it for you....

johatts posted here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/55779-bolton2brisbane-coming-back.html

THANKS JENNY!!! Have done and will see what happens

Thanks Mdtb!

I really appreciate your input! Yeah that has actually helped heaps, as thats all we have and were going to do! Its so good to hear people in the same situation have their visa's granted, so people like us have hope that we'll have a good chance! We don't want to be apart anymore!

Thanks again! We will defnintely do that! We've just got our Landlord to write a statement stating that we're renting as a couple, in one room, and share rent and bills etc. I guess an advantage of sharing, is that we can get our flatmates (another couple) to write a statement saying we share household duties!

Also, we don't really have much correspondence (bank statements etc) to prove my partner stayed with me the entire time he did in OZ. I can maybe prove like 2 months out of the 5. Does this matter? Can i just supply that and advise in the statement during which period he lived with me? Will this sufficE?

Thanks for helping and shedding a different light! It has helped heaps! AND CONGRATS ON THE VISA!

Hi there,

I think (and this is just my opinion!!) that as long as you have sufficient evidence to prove you have lived together for one year then any other time you can prove would probably help but is not essential. Like you said, you can go into a bit more detail in your statement - or you could always put some separate notes with the living arrangements part of your application?

Can't remember if you said how long you two have lived together but I assume it's more than a year? So assuming you can prove a year I wouldn't think the rest of the time would be a problem.

Good luck! And any more questions just keep asking! Many people on here have been through all this!!

Guest SkyeStephen09
Hi there,

I think (and this is just my opinion!!) that as long as you have sufficient evidence to prove you have lived together for one year then any other time you can prove would probably help but is not essential. Like you said, you can go into a bit more detail in your statement - or you could always put some separate notes with the living arrangements part of your application?

Can't remember if you said how long you two have lived together but I assume it's more than a year? So assuming you can prove a year I wouldn't think the rest of the time would be a problem.

Good luck! And any more questions just keep asking! Many people on here have been through all this!!

Hi Marianne,

I have been advised that the 1 year requirement is THE most important factor. We became a couple on the 25th April 2007 (AUS), spent a month together in May (which can't be proved whatsoever), then were apart for 2 months (both still in OZ), then he started living with me officially on 13th July 2007, until 17th October 2007 (we have some correspondence but still very little (not enough to show the entire time). Partner had to leave country as his visa expired, so we then travelled thailand together for 5 weeks (1 month) to stay together longer, and then went our separate ways after that point and spent a futrther 6 months apart. We spoke/emailed every single day (have proof of email/post only). I then entered the UK on 14th April 2008 and have been here every since.

It's our 2 year in a month.

We have actually lived together for 15 months, but only have proof of about 13 or 14 months.

I hope thats ok... Its cutting it fine, though with our situation (being together on VISA's) it makes it impossible. Especially considering you're basically only allowed a year at a time (i can only work 12 months in uk, and can't afford to stay here longer without work/pay).

Hopefully they'll be easy on us!

Guest sr1992

Hello, Can anyone tell me what happens after your Subclass 309 visa is approved? Do you need to send your passport in to have the visa issued? Or is it an electronic visa??

If you need to send it in, how long does it take to get issued? Is there a same day service available?

Many thanks!

Guest ClaireBaxter84
Hello, Can anyone tell me what happens after your Subclass 309 visa is approved? Do you need to send your passport in to have the visa issued? Or is it an electronic visa??

If you need to send it in, how long does it take to get issued? Is there a same day service available?

Many thanks!

Hi Sr1992,

Once your visa is approved you send your passport to the embassy special delivery (including a special delivery envelope), they then put the visa into your passport and send it back. Mine took around 2/3 days to be returned. You may be able to make an appointment to go in and get it all done same day but we werent' in a rush after ours was approved so we just went with the mail option :jiggy:

Hope this answers your question!

Thanks,

Claire

Guest ClaireBaxter84
Hi Marianne,

I have been advised that the 1 year requirement is THE most important factor. We became a couple on the 25th April 2007 (AUS), spent a month together in May (which can't be proved whatsoever), then were apart for 2 months (both still in OZ), then he started living with me officially on 13th July 2007, until 17th October 2007 (we have some correspondence but still very little (not enough to show the entire time). Partner had to leave country as his visa expired, so we then travelled thailand together for 5 weeks (1 month) to stay together longer, and then went our separate ways after that point and spent a futrther 6 months apart. We spoke/emailed every single day (have proof of email/post only). I then entered the UK on 14th April 2008 and have been here every since.

It's our 2 year in a month.

We have actually lived together for 15 months, but only have proof of about 13 or 14 months.

I hope thats ok... Its cutting it fine, though with our situation (being together on VISA's) it makes it impossible. Especially considering you're basically only allowed a year at a time (i can only work 12 months in uk, and can't afford to stay here longer without work/pay).

Hopefully they'll be easy on us!

Hi Syke and Stephen,

Even though you were travelling for that first year and correspondence/spending time together was limited the fact that you having been living together for over 12 months will hold you in good stead. I dont' think you will have any problems at all :jiggy:

Stay in touch and let us know how you get on.

Claire x

• 5 months later...

Hi claire. thanks for that awesome advice on how to lodge a de facto visa.. i would just like to find out if you have to be physically living with your partner for 12 months prior to lodging the visa or if its okay if you have only been living together for 10 months, but have been dating for 2 years and have still shared a comitted life and can prove it with emails and holidays etc?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
hey. My partner and I are going to apply in a month or so and I was wondering how did you present all of your documents?.....like you we are very stressed about the whole thing and want to gather as much info and documents as we can.

cheers

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am going to give you a link to the active on shore application thread. This one is very old and no longer used. I shall lock it once I've replied.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/80286-onshore-partner-visa-application-time-frame-63.html

I think you are applying for an onshore partner visa, if not, we have an offshore thread also. You'll get plenty of tips and help in both.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-784.html

FWIW, don't overthink it. The blurb does say somewhere not to use paperclips, plastic sleeves and all that. Just put it in a nice tidy pile, application, certified copies etc on top, stat decs and your supporting statements under that and then all your supporting evidence etc under those. Don't include masses of photos. A couple of pages of A4 printed pics is fine, or half a dozen or so actual photos if you must. They are not really that bothered by those. They want the paper trail.

If you meet the requirements and have plenty of supporting evidence and stat decs and so on then you should be fine. Medical and police check are asked for by the CO once you are assigned one iirc.

I applied off shore and included

4 stat decs

Our supporting statements

Bank statements for us both from random dates over the past 7 years putting us at the same address.

Bills in both our names or one or the other of us, again, showing us at the same addresses together. Covered 7 years all up, only one or two from each year.

2 years worth of hubby's salary slips (he was the sponsor).

All our certified copies, marriage cert, my BC, passports etc.

Payment.

Archived