Weird Place Names

Guest Andy Chapman

Guest Andy Chapman

Here are a few village names iv'e seen on my travels in the UK.

LOST, 2 miles

DULL

UPPER DICKER

THONG.

And a few signposts that read

Liverpool Maternity Hospital (non accident)

Sign outside cemetary = Elderly people.

On a door = If door does NOT open, Do Not Enter ?

Restaurant = Phat Phuc Noodle Bar

Restaurant = Stop and Taste = Te Puke.

Are there any that you know, there must be some interesting ones in Oz.

Guest moonraker1961

Well we have a chippy in our town called "The Cod Father"lol and a hairdresser's called "Curl up and Dye"lol There's also a village in North Wiltshire called.........New Zealand?Unbelievable lol

I just love UK village names - Six Mile Bottom is my favourite, I have always wanted to live there but failing that I would give Nempnett Thrubwell a go. On our trip we visited Catbrain, Catcombe Burtle and Catcliffe - a definite feline trend coming through there.

Guest The Pom Queen
funny_road_signs_1.jpgThought this was funnny but i am sure its made up !!!!!!!:)

:biglaugh: Well here is a link to some signs that were placed in Langwarrin, Victoria overnight a few months back, VIC Roads were not amused and neither were the elderly residents who took offence. Leader News: Melbourne community news

Guest Ian&Lou

We have Bald Knob just down the road from us. In the UK I lived in Wiltshire, not far from the Wallops. There was also the a village called Canada, Hanging Langford and Palastine.

Lou

Guest Tracey from Braintree

I lived in a place in Cardiff called Splott. Locally it is friendly referred to as Splow (slow with a p in).

Archived