Anyone else flown business on Singapores new A380 yet?

Guest kanunski

Guest proud2beaussie

I have some photos on my laptop that I took on the first flight ,I will upload them here so others can see what it looks like inside.

Guest zedster
I have some photos on my laptop that I took on the first flight ,I will upload them here so others can see what it looks like inside.

That would be fantastic!

I'm lucky enough to work in the industry ...

I'm now retired but did work in the industry quite a while back. My talent was convincing management that it was necessary for me to travel around the world in first class so that I could make directories on PCs then copy a few files into them, only kidding, I did do a bit more than that. I no longer use the travel concessions because there are so many specials that for a little bit more I can get confirmed seats rather than standby. My most memorable flights, for a token payment, were in Concorde, shame that it had to be retired.

We're just about to book our flights and would normally travel from Manchester but as the new airbus flys from London was wondering if its much better and whether it'd be worth travelling to London instead.

No way would i go thru the hassle of flying to london to get on the airbus 380! we have not long ago flown back from adelaide via singapore,there is a newer fleet running this route anyway btw,its an airbus( not sure which number,cba with all that)but its not the 380,however when we flew back from singapore i was talking to a woman who told me she had flown internally on the 380( sydney maybe?:confused:as only so many airports are equipped to take it)and all she done was complain about the lack of toilets in economy:biglaugh:,one thing i DO know is that they will have to do a LOT of work on adelaide airport before they can take the 380,small?????!!!!!!!!....................

Guest proud2beaussie

Concorde was IMHO technology that was developed before there was a market to support it,although it was in service for 27 years it didn't really rise to the level that it could have (IMO),I believe that if it was being developed today it the designers at a firm such as Airbus could probably come up with a much more fuel efficient,quieter aircraft that would still have the ability to reach supersonic speeds.

The A380 is a brilliant aircraft and it is in reality still in it's early design phase,the next model will be even more special and I frankly can't see Boeing's 787 getting anywhere near it,Boeing should have concentrated on developing the 777 to it's potential,after all it (the 777) is the most fuel efficient commercial airliner available but hardly any airlines use them,the ones that do like Emirates and Singapore Airlines are making money even in the current tough times whilst airlines like Qantas struggle to make a profit even with an excellent plane like the A380.

If Qantas was to buy the 777 now in place of the 787 I believe that within 5 years Qantas would be the most profitable airline in the world and would have a perfect fleet mix.

And no Pablo Adelaide won't be seeing the A380 for awhile yet-there is no market to support it.

For a small airport ( and boy its small isnt it! like lpool airport)the figures flying into adelaide were suprisingly high from what i seen in local papers etc?but isnt it the case that any airport that takes the 380 has to have the two tier loading/unloading facility for the "top deck"? thats what someone said anyway. but back to my point.............NO WAY would i go through the hassle of flying to heathrow to get on the 380( no matter how good its supposed to be! )kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it? 2inches/whatever more leg room,but all the hassles of an extra flight?! btw i HATE flying:yes:

Guest proud2beaussie

I take your point Pablo but the infrastructure at Adelaide isn't the problem,it's the population base,yes Adelaide does have quite high passenger numbers for the size of the airport but they would have to be

a lot higher for an airline like Singapore Airlines to even consider putting an A380 on the route even if they had the facilities.so it's a case of having the infrastructure to support the aircraft but the Adelaide airport owners are not going to spend the money to build the facilities without a committment that they would be used .

As for flying well you either love it or hate it-I love it,but then I do a lot of it.

Guest shambo

Can I ask how much luggage you are allowed to take with you? I had heard that Singapore Airlines and Qantas airlines gave you additional baggage allowance if you were emigrating. When I called Qantas about it they said that the seats were £350 per person extra for the pleasure of taking extra baggage - we thought we would just stick with the normal 23k weight. Most flights to Perth appear to be around £500, with the extra baggage ticket from Qantas they were quoting £850 - am I looking in the wrong place or is this correct?

I have read a lot of good things about the new Airbus! it is a long journey to be uncomfortable on.

Thanks

Shambo

Guest Deb62

My daughter and I were on the first A380 Singapore Airlines flight out of Heathrow. It was really exciting. We were about an hour late taking off though as they sorted out how to get the plane loaded. It was a very comfortable flight into Changi. My 11 yr old had never flown before and was absolutely disgusted when we boarded the older plane for the leg to Brisbane. Very snooty she was!

The landings were a little nerve wracking - my DH is a design engineer and was involved in the development of the brakes on the 380!

Deb

Guest JaneyP

Hi

we travelled on the A380 Airbus with our two small children on the way there and BA 747 on the way back. There was a big difference in comfort and service, more room and more to do, hated coming back on the 747.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

hubby & I traveled on the singapore air bus when we visited our daughter & son-inlaw

last christmas. Excellent could'nt ask for better, large comfortable leather seats plenty of leg room

food good, cabin staff briliant, your own tv screens

can highly recomended it

hope this helps

bush

Hi, I flew Singapore on the A380 last year. Nice new plane but I think Singapore airlines a bit over-rated. My son was sick & had a temparature (fine when we boarded) & the stewardesses kept bringing me hot towels! Luckily other passengers helped me. When we got to Singapore I thought they would have helped me get to a doctor/pharmacist as I was on my own with 3 kids & didn't know what to do. But they just disappeared.

Just my experience, others think its great.

We're just about to book our flights and would normally travel from Manchester but as the new airbus flys from London was wondering if its much better and whether it'd be worth travelling to London instead.

We flew back to Brisbane on the 380 in Feb of this year and it was a great flight. Plenty of leg room (but then again im not tall) We were on the upper deck and had window seat. the flight was not full so the stewardess asked if my daughter wanted to move to the seats in front so we both had 2 seats each. There was a little storage area under the window so could put all essentials in there saved getting up and down to open over head locker and preventing causing a head injury to anyone with falling luggage.:swoon: The journey from singapore to Brisbane although not on airbus 380 was comfortable again we received extra seating just have been lucky we also had excellent service but I think this is dependant on the staff that are on duty on the day and is the same for any airline.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived