Britannia Alan Cook - any reviews?

AngelaC

Hi everyone,

Have searched but haven’t seen any topics about Britannia Alan Cook for international shipping to Australia. Has anyone used them before, any reviews? 

Also, most companies I have looked at quote based on capital city delivery, has anyone had issues moving to somewhere more regional? North Queensland? 

Thanks!

Are the companies refusing to quote based on your regional destination, or  is it just that their online quoting engines don't offer that option?   Best to ring and ask them.

One reason it's very difficult to judge removalists is that you get a quote from one company, but usually that company doesn't look after your shipment all the way from your home to your destination.  They sub-contract parts of the journey to other companies and you don't know who they are, so you can't check their references.  That's why almost every removalist company has some great reviews and some awful ones.   It can be a bit of a lottery.

Edited by Marisawright

I used Crown Relocations back in 2007. Wholly independently owned including all assets and delivered end to end, no contractors. Not the cheapest but did an excellent job. The packers were amazing, everything arrived and stored in Aus while I went on holiday in Asia for 6 months. They even accepted a postcard delivery and forwarded that on once I had an Aus address 🙂

One of my employers in Aus also used them regularly for interstate moves, changed to another removalist and regretted it. Could be worthwhile contacting them.

https://www.crownrelo.com/uk/en-gb

• Like 1

Chess did the Australian end of my move when I came home to the UK this year, but Britannia handled the UK end, so you may find this also holds true in reverse. Both companies were excellent. Good and timely communication, both by email and phone, very proactive with solutions for parking of vans outside property in Brighton (street is well populated with double yellows & traffic wardens. The removal men themselves couldn't have been more helpful and nothing was broken or damaged. 

You would probably just need to email for a quote to regional cities. The trip would probably involve subcontracting, whereas for capitals they have the infrastructure in place. Its almost certainly do-able, just more expensive. 

Edited by Nemesis

32 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Many are franchised too so they vary even within the brand. Be aware that the quote will be based on specific perimeters as well as location. A longer driveway, poor access or more floors will all cost more. 

Good point. Always budget for it to cost extra as most quotes don't include customs charges at the Australian port. Some will only quote you to the arrival port and then you'll pay separately for the final leg after they know your address 

On 12/09/2023 at 17:28, AngelaC said:

Hi everyone,

Have searched but haven’t seen any topics about Britannia Alan Cook for international shipping to Australia. Has anyone used them before, any reviews? 

Also, most companies I have looked at quote based on capital city delivery, has anyone had issues moving to somewhere more regional? North Queensland? 

Thanks!

We used Crown Relo years ago as they dont use sub contractors on this side (no passing the book if things go wrong). They too quote to the nearest city. They told us to update them with an adress once we arrived and knew where we would be. We decided on a regional area and it cost extra , i cannot recall the exact figure but it wasnt extorinate if i remember correctly.

Cal x