Police check

Ruth1

Did anyone submit their visa before getting their police check back. There is an unexpected delay with the checks as they are having to process them manually due to a cyber attack, but I really need to get my HAP ID as there is a 4 week wait for medicals, and I also want to submit before the end of June when prices for visas go up.. this is for a 482 visa

Medicals and police checks are not required to submit the visa, unlike skill assessment and English tests.

If everything else is there I would submit now then add police checks and medicals later.  Only reason to wait would be if you are concerned about the results. 

• Like 1

There was a time when applicants were advised not to do their medicals and police checks until they were asked for them, as processing could sometimes take more than a year and the checks would be out of date by the time they were needed. Thankfully that's not the case (for most visas) now, but you still don't need to provide them at the time of applying.

• Like 1

I was literally just about to post this. I had a one off consultation with a migration agent this morning who said to just to lodge before the 1st July without the police check if it's not back by then. Since he had been the only agent to get back to me I was still unsure. I was going to maybe submit form 80 instead but on the documents page the only option for document type is for police check. I got my 189 visa invite on the 25th May and applied for the police check on the 27th. Maybe I could submit the police check application and put a note at the top explaining about their current issues with getting to certificate back unless it's really not an issue to leave it blank. As long as it will just delay things with them having to request it from me later. In terms of visa processing times I'm not in any rush so don't mind if it just takes longer to process. My fear is they will just see that I haven't given any proof of character and just reject the application. The agent this morning though said that they don't generally do that. He reckoned that the 189 might go up by around £200 but this would be potentially losing £2300 to save that £200 which I obviously don't want to do. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 22:23, Ruth1 said:

Did anyone submit their visa before getting their police check back. There is an unexpected delay with the checks as they are having to process them manually due to a cyber attack, but I really need to get my HAP ID as there is a 4 week wait for medicals, and I also want to submit before the end of June when prices for visas go up.. this is for a 482 visa

Depends what visa you are applying for. For most visas, the Police check is not required at time of application. 

• Like 1