Take the visa while it’s there and emigrate to an unknown life in a country you love, or stay where you have good, solid income in a country you don’t love?

palmtrees

On 22/03/2023 at 13:54, Bobj said:

Here we go again! Same garbage spouted when a young couple want to start a new life in a country they love.

@Blue Flujust put a sock in it, mate, all you seem to do is whinge about everyrhing Austalian and then rabbit on about global politics.

Get out of the rut and enjoy life, there’s a good lad.

Cheers, Bobj.

Omg. Straight talk. Don’t over complicate it. I like your style Bob. 

• Haha 1

On 26/03/2023 at 17:09, steveshe said:

I agree , so much negativity all the time . When we get as bad as the UK then its time to worry,  but we are nowhere near like that . 

I don’t think that is a fair comment. Much as I love Australia. Shit still stinks here. It’s all extremely subjective 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 22/03/2023 at 13:54, Bobj said:

Here we go again! Same garbage spouted when a young couple want to start a new life in a country they love.

@Blue Flujust put a sock in it, mate, all you seem to do is whinge about everyrhing Austalian and then rabbit on about global politics.

Get out of the rut and enjoy life, there’s a good lad.

Cheers, Bobj.

As I attempt to respect your view, partly due to your age but mostly because all are entitled to their view. It has been a few

time now where my world view (mostly based on fact) has apparently provoked you enough to provoke such a response. I am not your mate, so please use a little politeness when responding to a post of mine. You don't have to agree obviously , but no need to show fangs like a rabid dog. How about I express my reality    and you stick to yours . Fair enough? I ttttought I'd already replied to this post but may have been removed. 

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2023 at 18:16, HappyHeart said:

I don’t think that is a fair comment. Much as I love Australia. Shit still stinks here. It’s all extremely subjective 

Thing being many for reasons best known to themselves have an inability to accept differing views. You are correct. Australia has considerable issues. Constantly sweeping it under the carpet is selling this country very short and ensuring greater problems in the future. Not all is subjective. Some is some is fact. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

As I attempt to respect your view, partly due to your age but mostly because all are entitled to their view. It has been a few

time now where my world view (mostly based on fact) has apparently provoked you enough to provoke such a response. I am not your mate, so please use a little politeness when responding to a post of mine. You don't have to agree obviously , but no need to show fangs like a rabid dog. How about I express my reality    and you stick to yours . Fair enough? I ttttought I'd already replied to this post but may have been removed. 

@Blue Flu You seem to have a habit of taking any thread and going off track to suit your own agenda. If you want to start your own thread, that is fine, but just comply with the scribe’s thread, there’s a good chap. 
 On reflection, you must have been really upset to find your retort to me being erased and having to repeat your minor tirade.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 1

14 hours ago, Bobj said:

@Blue Flu You seem to have a habit of taking any thread and going off track to suit your own agenda. If you want to start your own thread, that is fine, but just comply with the scribe’s thread, there’s a good chap. 
 On reflection, you must have been really upset to find your retort to me being erased and having to repeat your minor tirade.

Cheers, Bobj.

I have no agenda and no not upset  but I will say out of fairness both comments should have been erased (although don't agree any should have) I do though place value on stating the truth, be that through experience on a personal level or perhaps an opinion, but never the less, I don't tend to 'put down' another's comments, but explain why don't agree. I don't believe I take off track certain anti social issues accruing around me in posts that are highlighting life and conditions in Australia. It is a reality and paints a different shade of hue , regardless if some prefer a Disney like Lotus Land interpretation of living Down Under. 

At the end of the day though you still flew here (who knows just what misery you experienced prior to touching these shores?) I was born here. Hence even with very long absences, have witnessed the many changes some positive, but many most concerning. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bobj said:

Apologies to the scribe that started this thread, but one has to put petulant puppies in their. Place.

Cheers, Bobj.

You must be confused with your dialogue with those fish you hope to one day catch, by sweet talking them. I can only imagine communicating with fish on a daily basis may well provoke such warped conclusions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Flu said:

You must be confused with your dialogue with those fish you hope to one day catch, by sweet talking them. I can only imagine communicating with fish on a daily basis may well provoke such warped conclusions. 

He’s right, and you know it. 

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

He’s right, and you know it. 

Right about what exactly. ?... You sound for all intents and purposes the Mrs.? (or wanna be perhaps? ) How odd though to bother to scrawl such a thing. 

Edited by Blue Flu

• 7 months later...
On 21/03/2023 at 23:54, Blue Flu said:

Think carefully. I'd keep Australia as a holiday destination , if it were me. What exactly makes it better than UK ? Outside of the weather, which you can find closer to home. Both countries have 'issues'. Just don't over glamourise Australia. In a time of uncertainty, having security is not a bad thing at all. 

Jesus Christ 🫣,is Australia really that bad.....I'd suggest moving if I was you 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣