Weather in April

Squirlies

1 hour ago, Squirlies said:

What's the weather like on the gold coast first two weeks of April. Just wondering what clothes I should be packing 

Thanks 

Where are you coming from? Because that makes a big difference to how warm or cold you feel. I’m on the Sunshine Coast and the weather is fairly similar. It’s autumn here, but the temperature is between 28-30 and more humid than usual,  but Easter is about 5 weeks away, so should be cooler, mid 20’s? and  cooler evenings under 20’? 

You might be fine in shorts/skirts T-shirts, swim wear, light weight trousers jumper for evenings, a light weight rain jacket. You need suntan cream and perhaps a sun hat as the sun is strong here, but you can buy that here.

You can google the long range forecast to get a better idea. As a local we can always tell who the visitors are, in autumn and winter as we feel cold and are wearing light weight trousers and a jumper, even a fleece and visitors are sunbathing on the beach soaking up the Sunshine.

Enjoy your trip

Remind me nearer your trip and I’ll give you a weather update 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Squirlies said:

We are coming from the UK so I'm sure it's going to feel warm compared to what we're used to. However we are used to taking our holidays to the US and carribean so used to the heat. This will be our first time in Australia 

Since you know the US and Caribbean, I'll tell you that the Gold Coast is 28 degrees South, while Tampa in Florida is 28 degrees North, so I was thinking they'd have comparable autumn temperatures - but having googled, Tampa in October is about 3 degrees warmer than the Gold Coast in April so bang goes that theory!

Anyway, at that time of year in the Gold Coast average temperatures range up to 26 degrees in the daytime and down to 17 degrees at night so you should be happy in shorts and a T-shirts during the day, but perhaps not in the evening. In the Gold Coast Sunset in April is around 5:30pm and it's dark 25 minutes later so you won't be getting the long summer evenings that the daytime temperatures equate to in the UK.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bulya said:

7.1C to 32.4C today and expected max 36C tomorrow.  It’s March not January!

7.1C ? When was it last 7.1C on the Gold Coast? That would be abnormally cold for a winter night let alone at this time of year.

Also not convinced of that max 36C tomorrow as 22 hours after you posted that, the maximum reported temperature in the Gold Coast over the last 24 hours has been 28.7C (and the lowest 21.9C).

Edited by Ken

1 hour ago, Ken said:

7.1C ? When was it last 7.1C on the Gold Coast? That would be abnormally cold for a winter night let alone at this time of year.

Also not convinced of that max 36C tomorrow as 22 hours after you posted that, the maximum reported temperature in the Gold Coast over the last 24 hours has been 28.7C (and the lowest 21.9C).

ACT not Gold Coast.  10.5C to 37.4C today.  0.1C off the record for the hottest March day..

2 hours ago, Ken said:

Bulya lives in/near Canberra not the Gold Coast.

19 hours ago, Bulya said:

ACT not Gold Coast.  10.5C to 37.4C today.  0.1C off the record for the hottest March day..

Thanks Bulya. Nothing wrong with going off thread (this one was about April weather in the Gold Coast) but do give a heads up when you do so otherwise it gets confusing.