Left Australia on 'No Travel' Condition

Little Dragon

Hi everyone.

I hope that you are having a great Friday. I was wondering if anyone could kindly offer us advice on this matter.

Due to the COVID pandemic, our parents were granted Visitor Visa (subclass 600) with 'No Travel' condition.

• This visa were granted in January 2022, which is recently.
  • My mom's visitor visa will expire on 7 December 2022.
  • My dad's visitor visa will expire on 20 January 2023.

My sister decided to sponsor our parents. We applied for Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864) onshore and immediately got Acknowledgement of Valid Application and Bridging Visa A.

Our grandmother in Vietnam got quite sick, so my parents accidentally rushed back to check up on her without noticing the 'No Travel' condition on their Visitor Visas.

My question is: How can they get back to Australia before their Bridging Visa A becomes active, which is on 7 December 2022? Should we apply for another Visitor Visa?

Thank you so much for your assistance and I hope you all have a great weekend ahead.

4 hours ago, Little Dragon said:

Hi everyone.

I hope that you are having a great Friday. I was wondering if anyone could kindly offer us advice on this matter.

Due to the COVID pandemic, our parents were granted Visitor Visa (subclass 600) with 'No Travel' condition.

• This visa were granted in January 2022, which is recently.
  • My mom's visitor visa will expire on 7 December 2022.
  • My dad's visitor visa will expire on 20 January 2023.

My sister decided to sponsor our parents. We applied for Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864) onshore and immediately got Acknowledgement of Valid Application and Bridging Visa A.

Our grandmother in Vietnam got quite sick, so my parents accidentally rushed back to check up on her without noticing the 'No Travel' condition on their Visitor Visas.

My question is: How can they get back to Australia before their Bridging Visa A becomes active, which is on 7 December 2022? Should we apply for another Visitor Visa?

Thank you so much for your assistance and I hope you all have a great weekend ahead.

I'm sure an agent can sort this out for you, but I wouldn't try sorting it yourself. For two reasons

1) it's complex

2) you need to own your mistake, if you phrase the issue to immigration the way you've phrased it here it will be a flat no. No one can accidentally rush to vietnam (or indeed any country from Australia) it requires a conscious decision to get on a plane, it's not like accidentally getting on the wrong bus and ending up in a different town. Equally not knowing isn't an excuse, when you apply and when you are granted a visa you are explicitly told to make yourself aware of all conditions.

Mistakes happen, human relationships need attention, but to try and pass it off like it's an honest mistake rather than a thought out decision will end in pain...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Little Dragon said:

My question is: How can they get back to Australia before their Bridging Visa A becomes active, which is on 7 December 2022?

Their bridging visa is also now gone … you need to get them back and then apply for another one. As suggested above, I would get some professional help. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Little Dragon said:

My question is: How can they get back to Australia before their Bridging Visa A becomes active

Their bridging visa is already void, so it will never "become active".   There is no point talking to Immigration because there is no appeal -- it was your parents' responsibility to ensure they fully understood the conditions of the visa they were awarded.   Paul is an experienced agent -- I suggest you engage him to sort this out for you.