Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bridging visa a'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat

Categories

  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 10 results

  1. Hello everyone, My situation is that I have applied for 457 visa but unfortunately got rejected so we applied for AAT and still waiting. Meanwhile, i had received 190 NSW invitation , thus i was advised by my agent that i could apply a tourist visa to come back to Au and then lodge my application which i did. I came to Au on a tourist visa and lodged my application, however, i expected that i would get a bridging visa A soon after my lodgement. But so far, it has been 5 days and i have not received anything. Can you please provide any suggestions on my case ? Many thanks ,
  2. Hello,I'm currently waiting for my remaining relative visa to be approved (It's been 7 months and onshore application. people say it can take decades). My parent, brother, sister, nephew and niece are all Australian citizens.While on the wait, DIBP granted me a bridging visa A in which i'm not allowed to work. 2 months ago DIBP requested my medical check result (from BUPA) and police record from my country of origin. There has been no other request from them eversince. I have recently re-applied for work permit after i got rejected 5 months ago (DIBP said i did not demonstrate my financial hardship). My questions are: 1. After undergoing my medical assesment, what will be the next process and how long normally from the time DIBP received my medical result?2. Is it possible to get my work permit approved after second application?I hope someone can help me with the answer. Thank you.
  3. Christopher Grigg

    Bridging Visa WA / 010 entitlements

    Hello all, I have quite a complicated situation where I am now on a Bridging visa WA waiting for a permanent residency application. I have got a job as an IT contractor happy days. On my bridging visa notification doc it says "Permission to work - When your Bridging visa (class WA) is in effect, you will have full permission to work.". Does this mean I have the same work rights as if I had a permanent resident visa? Or can I start my own company on this bridging visa (an IT contractor would typically start their own company of one in the UK)? Thanks in advance, Chris
  4. Hi All, Im in the situation where as my employer has offered me a full time apprenticeship with them so i can get my certificates over here (as i am classed as an unskilled laborer.) The problem is that im currently on a bridging visa A as i am awaiting the outcome of my partner visa application. I've contacted immi about this via email and they have stated that since im on a BVA, im entitled to work and study as much as i like so yes, its possible. But i know better than to trust immi lol. I was under the impression that you needed to at least have the 820 temp visa to have access to government funding for the apprenticeship? This is all just assumption and i cant find anything about it on the web, and my employer has never done this with someone on a BV, so its all new to the both of us. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Cheers!
  5. Background Arrived in Aus 2010 on a Student Visa. After Uni, obtained a 485 Skilled Graduate. Currently working for an employer in my skilled nomination. Applied for a 457. Unfortunstely, nomination for sponsorship was recently refused due to salary issues (long story, but legal advice has said not worth appealing) Currently under a Bridging A (class WA) as I still have till the 1st December to appeal against my 457 decision. I intend on withdrawing my 457 application before the 1st of December. I believe that upon doing this, I will then be given 28 days on withdrawing, for my Bridging Visa to remain valid. Option 1 - New 457 Application I am currently working with my employer to potentially find another role with a simpler contract that meets the needs of a 457. I would then need to apply for a new 457 application Q1. Whilst on my current bridging visa, can I apply for a new 457 onshore? Option 2 - Lodge a Tourist Visa (600) The above might fall through with my employer and therefore I want to find work elsewhere in Australia. I would then like to apply for a 6mth Tourist Visa so that I can continue to find work. Q2. Whilst on my current bridging visa, can I apply for a 600 Tourist Visa onshore? Can anyone perhaps offer some answers to my above two questions. If anyone has any other ideas or useful advice, would really appreciate it. I would like to avoid getting myself into any high risk categorys with IMMI by having anything refused, so want to do everything right.
  6. Hey guys! I'm new here, so firstly, apologies if I'm repeating any other posts here, or even posting in the wrong place! I'd like some very general advice - I know nothing can be taken as gospel, but the department of immigration has just shut shop for the night so I'm unable to speak to them until the morning, but I just wanted to put my feelers out regarding the following issue, and maybe, hopefully have a good banter about the situation I'm in, and I'm sure many others have faced. As the title states, I currently hold a bridging visa A, while my partner and I await a decision on our temporary 820 de facto visa (submitted March 2014). We are told by the department that this can take around a year to process, and as yet we haven't been assigned a case officer, which from what I gather, would be the next step after submitting. We plan to travel in July for 3 weeks, initially to South America, and then back home to the UK for a week or so, and the thought has suddenly struck us that this may not be possible! I know I need to apply for a bridging visa B in order to leave and return to Australia, however, in the notes of the form 1006 Application for Bridging Visa B, there needs to be substantial reasons for it to be granted. If anyone has any experience in such an application (and for whatever reason!) I would greatly appreciate some guidance. I have very substantial reasons for visiting the UK, to see family. However I don't know if I can 'use' that as the excuse and then hop off to South America en route! As much as I'd like to! We're about 3 weeks from booking, and that's something I obviously won't do until I've sorted the visa situation! But currently the suspense is killing me! :eek: Friends of ours have recently had their de facto visa approved in a seemingly record-breaking 5 months, so I'm currently keeping everything crossed that we'll receive the same speed of progress, although that would still be August at the earliest! If anyone can shed a little light on this topic, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  7. Hi Everyone, We have just decided to move to Oz on an 804 Aged Parent Visa. We have searched everywhere but are not able to find out if we will be able to purchase a house to live in after we have applied for the 804 visa and received our Bridging visa A. We realize that our visa will take many years to come through. How have others managed accommodation during the long wait. It seems too long to live with our daughter and family. Thanks.
  8. Hi everyone, Posts on the forum have really been helpful to me in the past and here I have a question and need some advice so I decided to speak up. I'm currently on a 457 visa and applied in January 2013 for a 820 partner visa. While the application is being processed, Immigration granted me a bridging visa A with full working rights (issued after 24 November 2012). However, it will come into only after when my 457 ceases. And here comes my confusion, I'm sure that I'll switch on the bridging visa if my 457 expires but what about if I quit or my employer terminates me? To be honest, I've been on a 457 for over a year now and late changes in the management of my company made the workplace horrible. The sooner I'm able to look for another job, the better for me and my family! If someone is in the same situation or has been through it or have a valuable piece of advice for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
  9. Having attained an MBA in Sydney back in Dec 2010, I submitted my application for a 485 Graduate visa in May 2011 but found out today that the application was refused because I'd exceeded the 6-month application window allowed by one week. The delay was the only reason the visa was refused. I'm now in the process of submitting an appeal to the tribunal board, and I wondered if anyone else has experience in dealing with the tribunal board? I've heard that they always uphold the decision made by Dept of Immigration unless THEY have made a mistake. Is this true? Is there no option for leniency on their part even though the late submission was a genuine mistake on my part? Also, am I still able to apply for a different visa while my appeal is heard?? Trying to find any avenue possible to stay in Australia which I now consider my new home. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. And don't worry, I'm not expecting legal advice, just hoping to hear from anyone who has gone through something similar. :cool:
  10. Guest

    Bad situation - advice needed

    I met my partner 2 years ago in Cambodia while I was teaching in the slums over there. After my placement I went over to Australia on a working holiday visa to live with my partner. After applying for a partner visa I was put on bridging visa A. This was 10 months ago. I live in a rural area and was given special permission by the authorities to continue working as I am a teacher and gained a permant job at my local school. I have recently been promoted into a senior position too and loving it. After not seeing my family for 2 years I took my partner over to visit them this Xmas in England. After 4 weeks we are now back in Cambodia for 2 weeks in the slums, working with those HIV infected kids. I deliberately went during this period because it is the school holidays. I have just found out that because I am on a bridging visa A I cannot leave the country. NO ONE TOLD ME THIS. It was purely an accident. My only choice is to go back on a tourist visa (if it comes through in time) Therefore I CANNOT WORK and have to instead sit around in this rural community with nothing to do instead of contributing to it. I have also been running a successful gymnastics club. As the only gymnastics qualified coach in the area the other coaches are training under me. 130 kids will now have no gymnastics. I am SO annoyed especially as I went to visit my family who I havent seen in 2 years and spend some time doing good work to the poor in Cambodia. I havent told my bosses yet and I dont know what they are going to do. Anyone else found themselves in this situation, advice please...
×