190 Visa - what documents do we need?

OnTheFence

We’re in the process of submitting our EOI for a 190 visa and I’m starting to plan ahead for if/when we receive an invitation to apply. 

The list of required documentation on the Australian immigration website that we’d need to submit for our visa applications seems really straightforward; marriage licence, drivers licence, birth certificates, skills assessments, IELTS test etc.

However, reading other peoples experiences online has me a bit worried! They’re saying they’ve been requested to give details of every single place they’ve ever travelled to outside of the UK (with dates!) as well as evidence of income for the last 8 years (although apparently they said you can supply bank statements so that won’t be too difficult to prove). Is this true?! The travel thing has us worried as we don’t have the best memory at all! 

I would actually like to know myself if there is anything further that can be done in the meantime. 

Can you complete police checks and medicals even though they haven’t been requested yet? Or do you have to wait?

As far as income for the last 8 years. If you are UK based. I requested a letter from HMRC for my entire employment history, they’ve provided me with that to include how much I was paid and when. Hoping that’ll be a contribution to a visa application! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

details of every single place they’ve ever travelled to outside of the UK (with dates!)

Yes, for the last 10 years. This is needed so they know what police checks you need to supply.

1 hour ago, Ceebs-x said:

Can you complete police checks and medicals even though they haven’t been requested yet? Or do you have to wait?

Yes, you can, but you obviously risk having to repeat them if they expire. 

3 minutes ago, OnTheFence said:

Thank you! I will start to compile dates/places. I think that’s going to be the hard one for sure. I will contact HMRC asap for that letter, @paulhand do you think that letter will be sufficient or will I also need to supply bank statements too?

The only reason I asked for it from hmrc was because I couldn’t for the life of me remember when I worked at one of the places I’d worked. I filled in the following application form, with the reason “migration application”, it took about 6 weeks to hear back:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-insurance-employment-history-request

I’m of the understanding you need your entire employment history, your address history for the last 10 years (problematic for me as I’d been to and from uni in different cities) and dates you’ve been on holiday/where. 

I’ve submitted for my police clearance today, with the risk it will expire sooner than I can use it, as it’s only £50 ish. Shouldn’t be too much hassle to renew. I contacted my local migration health examination approved doctor and they’ve said that I’ll have to wait until I have a HAP ID. At the moment the wait with them is 3 weeks for an appointment. 

4 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

@Ceebs-x thank you this is really useful! I have no idea what a HAP ID is haha. Addresses are easy for us, I’ll start making a list of everything else though - thank you!

There is a big big form for you to fill in during your application (can't remember the name) which will ask alot of details.

The places visited will be to the best of your knowledge.

Regarding my wages I just submitted my final wage slips for each year, there were a few things I missed along the way but immigration just requested the extra information but delays your application slightly.

Your HAP ID number is given to you so that you can complete your medicals, I just waited for around 6 months into the process until doing police checks and medicals.

7 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

Thank you! I will start to compile dates/places. I think that’s going to be the hard one for sure. I will contact HMRC asap for that letter, @paulhand do you think that letter will be sufficient or will I also need to supply bank statements too?

It will be hard no doubt, my travel history for 10 years ran to over 4 pages of excel, due to the amount of travel I had to do with work, basically one or two different EU countries each week and plenty of trips to middle East and US as well.

They aren't looking for an exact recounting of your whereabouts minute by minute, they are looking to see a pattern of travel and large (2+ weeks) out of home country.

So do your best, try to get it correct, and maybe (this is what I did) and a disclaimer to the bottom that there are probably some small trips also undertaken in Europe that I had no record of taking now due to the time since going but that all material travel was stated (remember if you used your passport to enter that country, AUS can check it (should they want) as you've given them permission to check your passport history (it's implied in the act of applying for immigration)

43 minutes ago, Lavers said:

There is a big big form for you to fill in during your application (can't remember the name) which will ask alot of details.

The places visited will be to the best of your knowledge.

Regarding my wages I just submitted my final wage slips for each year, there were a few things I missed along the way but immigration just requested the extra information but delays your application slightly.

Your HAP ID number is given to you so that you can complete your medicals, I just waited for around 6 months into the process until doing police checks and medicals.

Hey mate, how's it going?

The form you are trying to remember is a Form 80, asks loads of questions and you need to fill out a separate one for everyone over 16 (and 16 by the grant date - ours was delayed because child had a 16th birthday just after everything submitted so they requested one for them as well).

39 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Hey mate, how's it going?

The form you are trying to remember is a Form 80, asks loads of questions and you need to fill out a separate one for everyone over 16 (and 16 by the grant date - ours was delayed because child had a 16th birthday just after everything submitted so they requested one for them as well).

All good mate, you all settled in now?

That's the one 👍 and very repetitive haha

Oh and do keep that record of countries visited, you need it again when you apply for citizenship.  Once you arrive keep a record of trips outside Australia too, this will help you calculate when you can apply for Citizenship.

As said do your best, check passports for any stamps look at old photos and e mails to jog memories.  We had to add extra pages and only had passport stamps for US, African and Asian countries.