Confusion on Qualifications Points...HELP!!!!

Susanna

Hi, I'm looking to submit my EOI having completed my JOB READY PROGRAM as a mechanic and received a skill assessment under the 485 graduate work program. Now my concern is how to score the highest point out of my qualification since the trade program only allows you to claim a maximum of 10 points. However, i used to have an overseas degree (engineering course) completed over 7 years ago which is not in anyway relevant to my nominated occupation.  

According to immigration website they says
"At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard.

My questions:

(i) Is it possible for me to use the degree to access 15 points even with the fact that it's not related to my nominated occupation (motor mechanic)?

(ii) Do i have to get it assessed via EA/VETASSESS to be very sure it's suitable and comparable to Australian Bachelor Degree.

Please advise as i wouldn't like to get trapped by the point system.

21 hours ago, Susanna said:

Hi, I'm looking to submit my EOI having completed my JOB READY PROGRAM as a mechanic and received a skill assessment under the 485 graduate work program. Now my concern is how to score the highest point out of my qualification since the trade program only allows you to claim a maximum of 10 points. However, i used to have an overseas degree (engineering course) completed over 7 years ago which is not in anyway relevant to my nominated occupation.  

According to immigration website they says
"At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard.

My questions:

(i) Is it possible for me to use the degree to access 15 points even with the fact that it's not related to my nominated occupation (motor mechanic)?

(ii) Do i have to get it assessed via EA/VETASSESS to be very sure it's suitable and comparable to Australian Bachelor Degree.

Please advise as i wouldn't like to get trapped by the point system.

Can someone help please? I don't mind an instant paid consultation as well. 

9 hours ago, Susanna said:

Can someone help please? I don't mind an instant paid consultation as well. 

You'll need to consult an agent directly for that - there are some good ones on here who will respond if you email them directly. Just browse through some threads and you will find them 🙂

I assume there are thousands of profiles on here, of-course, i cant go from one to the other to find who is an agent or not. However, if there's someone willing to advice me ASAP on this, please do leave a contact information. 

Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Susanna said:

I assume there are thousands of profiles on here, of-course, i cant go from one to the other to find who is an agent or not. However, if there's someone willing to advice me ASAP on this, please do leave a contact information. 

Thanks. 

I remember being new to the migration game, many years ago, so i will give you a few hints - use the search function for the term "migration agent" and you should get a few responses with threads containing posts from agents. When you find a post from an agent it will have their contact details in it. You can use those to email/phone/whatever the agent concerned. 

Don't expect them to trawl through threads offering their services for free - you have to do a little work yourself u=if you really want that visa. 🙂

After so much hustle, I ended up finding the following information. I'm going to leave it here should anyone find herself in a similar situation in the future. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200601127-document-released.pdf

Under the 12.11 Examples of qualification scenarios and assessment.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. 

10 hours ago, Susanna said:

After so much hustle, I ended up finding the following information. I'm going to leave it here should anyone find herself in a similar situation in the future. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200601127-document-released.pdf

Under the 12.11 Examples of qualification scenarios and assessment.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. 

Just to let you know that document is 2 years out of date and whilst it may still have relevant information in it no one should rely on it being correct.

A quick call to an agent (and it would have been much easier to find one of them using google than this document) would have gotten you the information you needed almost immediately and maybe even without cost (depending on whether they do an initial free chat)

PLEASE EVERYONE ELSE - DO NOT RELY ON THE DOCUMENT ABOVE IT MAY HAVE INCORRECT INFORMATION IN IT THAT COULD MAKE YOUR APPLICATION INVALID

2 hours ago, Susanna said:

So far so good! Initial consultation i have come up with on here as not been less than $300. I can't afford that much at this period. 

The risk is that if you decide to claim the points without getting professional advice, Immigration won't say, "Oops, you over-claimed, let's deduct those points and then we'll look at your application".  They'll just say, "You over-claimed points, application rejected. Bye."