NIN issues. Need help

9 minutes ago, Southeastpom said:

Thank you SO much for this!

Good luck.

I think once you get your passports sorted and then start the process of moving, things will start to fall into place and feel less overwhelming.

Make a list and tick things off as you go. Really quite spiritual when you finally tick the last item off!😎

On 11/06/2022 at 12:46, Southeastpom said:

Oh okay!! Thank you for this. I had no idea. Do you know if the fee is high for international money transfer? 

We used a company called HIFX, both in 2007 moving out and 2017 moving back. I don’t remember the fees exactly but they must have been good as we used them twice. I think you can go on their website and get a quote. 

On 11/06/2022 at 12:46, Southeastpom said:

Oh okay!! Thank you for this. I had no idea. Do you know if the fee is high for international money transfer? 

We used a company called HIFX, both in 2007 moving out and 2017 moving back. I don’t remember the fees exactly but they must have been good as we used them twice. I think you can go on their website and get a quote. 

Don’t just look at the fees for money transfers look at the amount that you will end up with.  Companies all charge, some with fees some by giving you a point or two less on the rate.  On large amounts it really makes a difference.  I am registered with a fee free and a fee paying exchange company. Usually paying a fee gets me a better result, especially with larger transfers.

I use OFX and Wise (mostly wise now) but there are others.

• 3 months later...
On 11/06/2022 at 17:28, Guest said:

I should of mentioned I’m taking at least £10,000 back with me to the UK. I wasn’t going to take anymore then this because then I’ll have to declare it, not sure what happens if I have to do this but I wanted to go back with some savings incase I can’t find somewhere to live right away. I have two children under 3years so it’s definitely a worry for me going back if we can’t actually get anywhere to live if I’m not eligible. 
So considering I’ve been out the country when I return to the UK I will need to live there for at least two years before I can apply for any sort of benefits and also I will need to be looking for work to apply for a National insurance number? 
It seems very difficult to get back then but I literally have no one here and am just stuck here bascially on my own. Have no family here anymore in Australia and my childrens late fathers family don’t live in Australia either. 

If you are going to claim any benefits in the UK (whether a council house or anything else) you have to declare all the assets you own in the world. It's irrelevant whether you have brought them back to the UK or not. You may be confused by the rule on declaring amounts in cash that you bring back with you. There are no taxes to pay on amounts you transfer to the UK. Taxes are on income not on assets transferred from one bank account to another.

I am surprised no one has asked if you can take your children to the UK. Regardless of whether or not their father is in their lives you will need either a court order that made you the sole guardian or his permission to change their country of residence.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ken said:

I am surprised no one has asked if you can take your children to the UK. Regardless of whether or not their father is in their lives you will need either a court order that made you the sole guardian or his permission to change their country of residence.

I think the OP's partner has passed away as she did say "my children's late father".

I wonder how the OP is getting on and if she made it to the UK with her children.

• Like 1