Mistake in EOI found after I received nominations acceptance email on my ROI (Victoria)

Rocane

Hi,

I have received email stating my ROI is selected for nomination and gave me 14 days to apply through live in melbourne portal. While my ROI was selected I had 75+5 points. Unfortunately, I have made mistake by selecting community language credentials as ‘YES’ which I do not have in my EOI. So my original total points is 70+5 for 190 (victoria). 

I have updated EOI but I am confused about going ahead with the application notifying the mistake or do I need to withdraw my ROI and make fresh ROI application and wait for nomination? 

It would be very grateful for your genuine suggestions. 
thank you

6 hours ago, Rocane said:

ITS URGENT PLEASE. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you

I'm not an agent, you'd be better served asking someone who does this for a living but for what it is worth.

I think your only option is to withdraw and resubmit, you will fail the sponsor application when they discover you haven't got the points you say you have and if they think you might have done it deliberately they may also bar you from re-applying.

As I said you would be well placed talking to an agent here about this as they may have an option that is more palatable. I very much doubt you are going to get anything from an agent without parting with some cash as this is a tricky situation that wouldn't have arisen if they had been involved from day 1

On 16/03/2022 at 08:13, Ausvisitor said:

I'm not an agent, you'd be better served asking someone who does this for a living but for what it is worth.

I think your only option is to withdraw and resubmit, you will fail the sponsor application when they discover you haven't got the points you say you have and if they think you might have done it deliberately they may also bar you from re-applying.

As I said you would be well placed talking to an agent here about this as they may have an option that is more palatable. I very much doubt you are going to get anything from an agent without parting with some cash as this is a tricky situation that wouldn't have arisen if they had been involved from day 1

not tricky, if you read it and do it correctly, we had no experience and did our application very straight forward .... just simply read the paperwork and questions correctly.  for the record, and agent said my ex partner didn't qualify. so do not always trust agents!!!

1 hour ago, Chris N Lora said:

not tricky, if you read it and do it correctly, ....

She didn't say the application was tricky.  She said the OP is in a tricky situation, which they are.  

If they didn't feel confident to do the application themselves, which they clearly weren't or they wouldn't have made that mistake, then they would've been better to bite the bullet and get an agent.  Unfortunately they're in a no-win situation now as their application will be rejected.

1 hour ago, Chris N Lora said:

not tricky, if you read it and do it correctly,

I reckon ‘tricky’ is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find some things ‘tricky’ and prefer to have a professional do it for them or assist them. I could, for example, read the manual and change the brake pads on my car … but I don’t. 🙂 

• Like 5

Agree with @paulhand here.

For many people who are good at following poor instructions and disciplined at record keeping and following a process (regardless of how stupid the process is) then the migration form filling isn't rocket science. It is however time consuming and no matter how good you are at form filling we all make mistakes, and we only ever do this once, agents do it many times a year.

Where an agent really comes into their own is with difficult cases or in sorting out past mistakes without compounding them

Could I have done the process myself? Almost certainly! Would I have wanted to do it rather than contract an expert - no way!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/03/2022 at 17:55, paulhand said:

I reckon ‘tricky’ is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find some things ‘tricky’ and prefer to have a professional do it for them or assist them. I could, for example, read the manual and change the brake pads on my car … but I don’t. 🙂 

well, my ex did it, and was simple was in 208 mind ... easier to change pads than do an application mind.