Visa for Training Program

michaelbenson

Hi there,

I have been offered a job with a company in Australia, I am currently based in the UK.

The company are willing to sponsor me for a 482 visa, however they require me to complete a three month long training programme first. 

If I pass the training programme, I would secure ongoing employment and then be able to apply for the 482 visa.

My question is, what visa could I use to get into Australia and complete the training programme? Would this be acceptable under a visitor visa, or would I need to apply for some type of "internship" / "training program" visa?

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated! 

sublass

1 hour ago, michaelbenson said:

Hi there,

I have been offered a job with a company in Australia, I am currently based in the UK.

The company are willing to sponsor me for a 482 visa, however they require me to complete a three month long training programme first. 

If I pass the training programme, I would secure ongoing employment and then be able to apply for the 482 visa.

My question is, what visa could I use to get into Australia and complete the training programme? Would this be acceptable under a visitor visa, or would I need to apply for some type of "internship" / "training program" visa?

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated! 

Subclass 407

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/training-407

Satisfy yourself that you are not being led up the garden path.

4 hours ago, michaelbenson said:

Hi there,

If they are asking you to pay for the training course, I would be very suspicious of this offer.  Such schemes do exist and they are scams.

• Like 1