When does Bridging Visa start?

Hi Guys,

I have got a technical query on the partner visa.

My wife just got the visa visa subclass 600 for a duration of 1 year allowing multiple entries of 3 months stay each.

We plan to lodge the partner visa onshore as soon she is here. My wife has enrolled into a master's program, thus we need the bridging visa for sure so that she could continue the porgam at the end of 3 months.

However I wanted to find out whether the bridging visa (in lieu of partner visa) starts at the expiry of her 3 months stay or at the lapse of her visit visa after a year? Secondly what's the best timeframe to lodge the partner visa i.e few weeks before the end of 3 months stay?

1 minute ago, paulhand said:

It will expire at the end of the three month stay period, if the holder is onshore. 

Hi Paul,

Appreciate your response as always.

The holder will be onshore. We just want to make sure we do not end up in a tricky situation. Logically if there is partner application filed onshore the applicant is advised/supposed to not travel offshore hence I gather that the bridging should kickstart at the end of 3 months visit visa stay.

I see that you're a registered immigration consultant - may I give you a quick call to discuss? If you could PM your contact deets.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1337 said:

Hi Paul,

Appreciate your response as always.

The holder will be onshore. We just want to make sure we do not end up in a tricky situation. Logically if there is partner application filed onshore the applicant is advised/supposed to not travel offshore hence I gather that the bridging should kickstart at the end of 3 months visit visa stay.

I see that you're a registered immigration consultant - may I give you a quick call to discuss? If you could PM your contact deets.

Cheers

If you click under Paul's signature where it says Suncoast Migration, it will take you to Pauls site.

Cal x