Scary process

Jen3103

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2022 at 07:58, Jen3103 said:

We are thinking Newcastle or Lennox Hed/Ballina area depends on job situation. I’m applying for lots of MH nurse jobs whilst still in the UK so that at least one income is secure as I want some stability due to have a little one. 

I feel really torn as I’ve wanted Oz for years and if I’m honest it’s all I’ve talked about however since starting this journey, I’ve had a little one and covid has struck and I’ve seen how much life has changed. I think after waiting for 2 years for a visa I had thought it was never going to happen so we brought a bigger house and spent the last year renovating it.  I’m finding the thought of leaving family hard and their emotions and response to us moving is making me feel very guilty. 

we’ve worked so hard to get to where we are in life in England and to give that up to move to Oz and not find a rental just terrifies me. I understand the emigration process is hard and emotionally draining but to hear we might  be homeless just doesn’t seem worth it. 

Im also in the process of rehoming my beautiful boxer which is affecting me as we can’t fly him over due to being a snub nosed breed. It just seems that the Oz life I’ve wanted for years is coming with some huge heartbreaks.

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

Hi

Sorry to hear about your dog needing to be rehommed, we are in process of submitting visa applications for a 186 and I have a Shih zhu that I wanted to bring.

Last time I spoke to Petairuk they said Qantas are the only airline that will transport, but they don't know when they will resume.  Have you been told there is no chance to bring yours over, or just because of the uncertainty/delay you have decided the best option is to re-home?

I am so gutted for you, as this will break my heart if I can't bring her with me.

Good luck with your move.

Claire

On 08/02/2022 at 06:33, DIG85 said:

Yes. Fairfax/channel 9 founded/owns Domain and News Corp owns Real Estate.

I’m not aware of any other developed country where the two largest media organisations own the two largest online real estate sites.

That tells you a lot about the state of 'un' real estate. 

On 08/02/2022 at 09:33, DIG85 said:

Yes. Fairfax/channel 9 founded/owns Domain and News Corp owns Real Estate.

I’m not aware of any other developed country where the two largest media organisations own the two largest online real estate sites.

They are publicly listed companies trading on the ASX. You can buy shares in them if you want.

Actually it is pretty obvious. Years ago all the real estate listings were incorporated into the Saturdays classifieds of the major newspapers. As the internet took over and physical newspapers declined, real estate listings moved from the physical paper to the online world.

We used to have a very popular paper called the Trading Post for people to sell their belongings. Of course all moved online now in the internet age.

I'm surprised you found this surprising.