Parent visa 804 and bridging visa A question

mdesai11

Hi there I was looking for some feedback please. We lodged an application for Aged Parent (subclass 804) visa for our parents in 2018, where they were automatically granted a Bridging visa A. However, they left the country which resulted in the cancellation of their Bridging visa A. They are now in the position and ready to move here permanently whilst the subclass 804 visa is being processed(once borders open).

However we are unsure whether the Bridging visa A can be reinstated?

Has anyone ever been in this situation and if so, when your parents decided to return, how easy was it to restore their Bridging visa A so they could live here legally? What steps did you have to take to reinstate the Bridging visa A and were there any additional forms you had to complete?  
Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, mdesai11 said:

Hi there I was looking for some feedback please. We lodged an application for Aged Parent (subclass 804) visa for our parents in 2018, where they were automatically granted a Bridging visa A. However, they left the country which resulted in the cancellation of their Bridging visa A.

That was very foolish of them.  You need to book a consultation with a good agent to obtain a solution.   Try Go Matilda or Suncoast Migration. 

5 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That was very foolish of them.  You need to book a consultation with a good agent to obtain a solution.   Try Go Matilda or Suncoast Migration. 

I don't appreciate the unnecessary comment about being foolish. Thanks for the constructive advice afterwards. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Search and download form 1005, that covers cases such as yours. If you need further advice, please go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form.

Hi, thanks so much for the advice. Would we also need to include a supporting letter of any kind, or should the completed form 1005 suffice in this scenario? Thank you 

1 hour ago, mdesai11 said:

Hi, thanks so much for the advice. Would we also need to include a supporting letter of any kind, or should the completed form 1005 suffice in this scenario? Thank you 

If you can add relevant evidence, it never hurts to 'make a  case'.