143 CPV acknowledgement - Urgent

wii4u

Hi,

I have applied for 143 CPV and the documents were delivered to Perth office on 22nd November 2021, my parents are due to fly on 10th of December and we still haven't received any acknowledgement.

Fees were paid on the 18th November, is there any email address/contact number where we can try to escalate?

19 minutes ago, wii4u said:

Hi,

I have applied for 143 CPV and the documents were delivered to Perth office on 22nd November 2021, my parents are due to fly on 10th of December and we still haven't received any acknowledgement.

Fees were paid on the 18th November, is there any email address/contact number where we can try to escalate?

Unsure what your query is? The processing time for applicants of this visa is 10 years at an absolute minimum.

Instruct your RMA to do it ! 

Here is the sort of complication that can arise, if you stick your head in:

I was instructed and paid to lodge a partner visa application. The sponsor who was caring for her infirm mother had already lodged a DIY carer visa application that had been refused. I ran the carer case pro bono in the AAT and won it. The sponsor had been granted a half fee concession by the AAT, due to financial hardship and received a full refund when the case was decided in her favour, so it cost her nothing to get PR for her carer and 3 secondary applicants. 

I had deferred action on the partner visa, because the primary applicant was medically qualified and a partner visa grant would almost certainly resulted in a confirmation of the carer visa refusal. The sponsor took it upon herself to phone the case officer and demand an immediate decision on the partner visa application. She got one! I subsequently advised her that a review application to the AAT was her only way forward. I heard no more for a couple of years when the processing office sent me a request for a medical examinations to be undertaken. I informed the office that I held no instructions and that I had sent a copy of their email to the last address I had for the sponsor. Presumably there had been a favourable review application, managed by someone else?

I have other examples of applicants instructing me and then sticking their heads in. I usually warn them, if you want to DIY, then DIY.

Don't hire a dog and bark yourself. 

If your agent is a REGISTERED migration agent s/he should be able to phone immigration and be put through to the right person. If you contact the right person (sometimes no meant feat) you will get the right answer.  

In some visitor cases where there might be an issue with 'intention to return' I advise clients to book return travel on a small deposit (my travel agent does this for $50) with the balance to be paid upon visa grant. This gives them a travel itinerary to lodge with their visa application. This does not always work.

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is here.

Applicants for subclass 143 visas can be in Australia when the application is lodged.

Best regards.

Thank you that was kind of my concern, they were overseas when we had submitted the application and paid the fees, however, they were supposed to travel and had not received acknowledgement at that time.

I thought the applicant had to be offshore in order for the application to be acknowledged.

Anyways, they are here with us and we have received the acknowledgement 😃

1 minute ago, wii4u said:

Thank you that was kind of my concern, they were overseas when we had submitted the application and paid the fees, however, they were supposed to travel and had not received acknowledgement at that time.

I thought the applicant had to be offshore in order for the application to be acknowledged.

Anyways, they are here with us and we have received the acknowledgement 😃

No - the applicant can be onshore or offshore.

Your agent should have appraised you of this ...

All is well though, in any event.   🙂

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...