Perth rentals

Nat1982

17 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

You got me!! The most absolute highlight of my memories in sad, sleepy old Perth was your disappearing act a decade ago when we were all so keen to say hello! You should never have let on you were there at all....at least maintained the illusion.....international man of mystery. Yes it certainly got some tongues wagging back then....we clearly had nothing better to talk about with Perthbum AWOL.

It is nice to put faces to names I think......

Yes, back on topic. Rentals in Perth. When will the situation change? My daughter got a lucky break only last week due to her old landlord offering her a break lease on their old house!! The letting agent knew they were looking and had a word with the owner. He was happy to relet to an old tenant and save on advertising.  Who knows where they'd be if not for that? They were knocked back for 50 plus properties even when offering above asking. 

Lucky for us it's a 1 minute walk from our place. Happy days....

Well it certainly appeared to be a highlight of stay in Perth, just in mentioning it, but no matter.  No idea why who ever it was should have done anything. I seem to recall though that person did attend the following meet . 

But yes the rental situation is dire and we are in a dreadful situation. Now the push is on to ramp up and turbo charge immigration. Hard to see why anyone would entertain the idea of coming out these days......

On 19/10/2021 at 00:54, Paul1Perth said:

Lanzarote used to be very popular for windsurfers when I used to do it. Is it still the same? Do you windsurf? Some brilliant spots for it along the coast here, kite surfing seems to have become more popular now though.

I liked Lanzarote but that was back in the 80's and we were only there for a week, windurfing every day.

I dont windsurf but partner enjoys a lot... its still very popular here, kite surfing is too.

• 1 month later...

Is there a central clearing house for rental listings in Perth or Melbourne, or do you have to check 10s of individual property management and listing sites?  Other places I've lived seem to have had one database site that rose to the top where you could find 90% of rental listings, it doesn't seem like realestate.com.au has absorbed all the rental listings though.  

7 hours ago, Cath.C said:

Is there a central clearing house for rental listings in Perth or Melbourne, or do you have to check 10s of individual property management and listing sites?  Other places I've lived seem to have had one database site that rose to the top where you could find 90% of rental listings, it doesn't seem like realestate.com.au has absorbed all the rental listings though.  

Also try domain.com.au

I thought it was REWA site? That's the one I look at for house sales anyway. I'd have thought it would have rentals, but have never checked that side. It seems to be still tight in Perth. One can only imagine wahat it will look like after the borders open on Feb 5. Hope the seeker finds a good agency. some are well how to put it? Perhaps not all have the integririty that should be expected?

42 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

I thought it was REWA site? That's the one I look at for house sales anyway. I'd have thought it would have rentals, but have never checked that side. It seems to be still tight in Perth. One can only imagine wahat it will look like after the borders open on Feb 5. Hope the seeker finds a good agency. some are well how to put it? Perhaps not all have the integririty that should be expected?

Do you mean REIWA?  https://reiwa.com.au/

For most of Australia, realestate.com.au and domain.com.au would have virtually all the rentals, but there are places where it's different.  WA may be one of them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Do you mean REIWA?  https://reiwa.com.au/

For most of Australia, realestate.com.au and domain.com.au would have virtually all the rentals, but there are places where it's different.  WA may be one of them.

Yes. As mentioned no real idea how they are with rentals. It may well be a matter of looking at the individual listings put out by the real estate companies. I know I would not like to be loking at the moment. In my area a lot don't appear to advertse. Just replaced when proprty vacated. 

1 hour ago, Blue Flu said:

In my area a lot don't appear to advertse. Just replaced when proprty vacated. 

These days, it’s all done online. Which website they use (domain, realestate, allhomes, reiwa)  may vary from state to state but they all advertise on at least one of them. 

Most don’t bother with ads in newspapers any more. If they put up a sign on the property, it’s more as an excuse to advertise themselves. They know that 99% of people will find the property through the internet not street signage. 

Even sale properties don’t always have signs or newspaper ads any more

Edited by Marisawright

• 1 month later...

We are getting ready as it seems this time is is really happening… we should arrive in Perth end of March, when should I start looking for flats to rent? 
we have a friend who has offered to de the viewings and will liaise with state agents… 

On 21/12/2021 at 08:13, Marisawright said:

These days, it’s all done online. Which website they use (domain, realestate, allhomes, reiwa)  may vary from state to state but they all advertise on at least one of them. 

Most don’t bother with ads in newspapers any more. If they put up a sign on the property, it’s more as an excuse to advertise themselves. They know that 99% of people will find the property through the internet not street signage. 

Even sale properties don’t always have signs or newspaper ads any more

Actually real estate ads are the mainstay of country papers at least. Just back from Albany WA and pages and pages of houses for sale ads making up some quarter of the paper. 

4 hours ago, Ausimi said:

We are getting ready as it seems this time is is really happening… we should arrive in Perth end of March, when should I start looking for flats to rent? 
we have a friend who has offered to de the viewings and will liaise with state agents… 

They will require to have plenty of time on their hands. I've witnessed a few rental home openings in my inner city location and simply many dozens of people attending.