Newbie some help please.

ThomasC

Hello. 

I did a working holiday visa a few years back and had the fortune of being able to work for Healthcare Australia for a few months in disability care. 

I am now looking at my options as to whether I could move over from the UK. 

I am a support worker in the UK, my highest qualification is Level 4 NVQ, Children, young people, family practitioner. I have 6+ years of experience. 

Looking on the skills list, there is 411712 disabilities service officer and 411713 Family support worker. 

Visas 489 and 482 seeming the most appropriate for me and it's listed under STSOL. 

Having read it I don't understand what I actually need to do or what the requirements are? It's assessed by ACWA and having looked at their website that's where I'd file for my skills assessment. 

Requirements of this visa, are skill level 2 and qualifications equivalent to AQF Level 5, but then does say 3 years experience may substitute for this. Also says AQF associate degree, advanced diploma or diploma

What else would be required? English exam? It's all very confusing and overwhelming. 

I thought people on here might have advice before I spend any sort of money if there's no chance at all I'd be successful. 

Many thanks 

Whilst it won’t be free, i suggest you set up a detailed consultation with a registered migration agent so you can properly understand what options you do or don’t have. For example the 489 visa was retired for new applicants nearly 2 years ago and has been replaced by the 491. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, paulhand said:

Whilst it won’t be free, i suggest you set up a detailed consultation with a registered migration agent so you can properly understand what options you do or don’t have. For example the 489 visa was retired for new applicants nearly 2 years ago and has been replaced by the 491. 

Thanks Paul. Might give you a ring just trying to way up my options and do as much research as possible first. 

Big decision. 

6 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Having had a look at your website the 189 sounds quite viable as I could get additional points having worked in Australia before. 

1 hour ago, ThomasC said:

Thanks Paul. Might give you a ring just trying to way up my options and do as much research as possible first. 

Honestly, I'd say that's back to front.  Ask Paul for a quote for a one-off consultation.  That way you'll get all the facts you need in the space of an hour or so and you'll know exactly where you stand, what visas you could go for and what your chances are.  No point wasting a lot of time on research if you can just sit down with someone who can hand you the lot on a plate.

9 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Honestly, I'd say that's back to front.  Ask Paul for a quote for a one-off consultation.  That way you'll get all the facts you need in the space of an hour or so and you'll know exactly where you stand, what visas you could go for and what your chances are.  No point wasting a lot of time on research if you can just sit down with someone who can hand you the lot on a plate.

Good advice thanks. 

In mulling it all over but will decide next week what I'm doing 

My auntie also lives in Australia, Yarrawonga, so I think that might give me an option too as I wouldn't mind working regionally. 

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

No that doesn't help you at all, sorry.

It might not help with points or anything for the visa application, but it will help with settling into country Australia. It may also help with application for  any state sponsored or regional visa as a good tie and therefore increased likelihood of staying there. They really need support workers in regional Australia.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 20:51, ThomasC said:

Having had a look at your website the 189 sounds quite viable as I could get additional points having worked in Australia before. 

A 189 might seem viable in principal but the reality is that it us unlikely to be a viable option at the moment. 

On 03/10/2021 at 22:02, ThomasC said:

My auntie also lives in Australia, Yarrawonga, so I think that might give me an option too as I wouldn't mind working regionally. 

Unlikely to help your situation.