North Lakes and Town house?

R Campbell

North Lakes can be a nightmare commute if you're heading for the city. It's totally "self contained" with regards to amenities but you only need a bingle on the access rd and you're buggered for the day. Lots of town houses being built in Bracken Ridge atm which is an easy commute and  Fitzgibbon has come  "en vogue" of late.

37 minutes ago, R Campbell said:

I wasn’t intending to but it looks like my only option given everything. We shall see how we go.

North Lakes isn’t for everyone, it is a bit of a housing estate, has a good shopping centre, IKEA and Macro. I don’t know anything about schools. The traffic into Brisbane at rush hour is pretty bad, and if there is an accident, the roads can be blocked for a long time. The advice mostly given to someone moving to Australia, is to rent first if possible, there are Airbnb’s, and some people have rented cabins in caravan parks. We have often stayed cabins when travelling around, they are fully equipped, usually very clean, we find them fine,and they might have play facilities for children, certainly preferable to a small motel room. Holiday parks might be another option. I don’t know what The North Lakes property market  is like at the moment, but here on the Sunshine Coast, property is mostly selling the day it comes on the market, which might make it harder to buy from overseas? 

Good luck hope everything goes well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, R Campbell said:

I wasn’t intending to but it looks like my only option given everything. We shall see how we go.

Really try and find a relocation agent or someone who will inspect it for you, ive seem some lovely properties advertised for sale and rent over the years and they are not whats in the picture. One i went to even even the glass missing out of some of the windows! Just be careful and if anything book a holiday house or a cabin for a couple of weeks so you can see a house yourself.

North Lakes isnt a bad area, its probably the closest type of living you would have to a UK estate. It was very popular with UK ex pats years ago but has built up loads since then and has pretty much everything you need on hand. Mango Hill is quite nice too. The massive downside is if you need to use the highway to commute, its a nightmare!

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

• Like 2