We made it to Perth!

Nyxkat

On 17/03/2022 at 17:04, HappyHeart said:

Camping in Australia can be the same 🤣

We sold our caravan recently partly as that was too cold and miserable for me in all but the hottest months. Perth can be so cold in the early mornings and nighttime! Rainy too! 

We have recently bought a motorhome. It's built by a UK manufacturer and has gas heating 🙂

• Congratulations 1

I wonder how the OP finds Perth now a little time has passed? Very subdued would be one word I'd personally describe it. Gosh the city is quiet. I guess many taking cover with the growth of our Covid cases. But still. I little more activity would not go astray. 

On 24/03/2022 at 10:40, Jon the Hat said:

Congratulations!  Does this mean you have to get a job now ? 🙂

Haha I already have one! Got one so soon as I could after my visitor visa turned into a bridging visa A.

How are you and your family settling in? Well I hope!

11 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

I wonder how the OP finds Perth now a little time has passed? Very subdued would be one word I'd personally describe it. Gosh the city is quiet. I guess many taking cover with the growth of our Covid cases. But still. I little more activity would not go astray. 

I love it here! I'm not exactly a nightlife party goer so happy just chilling and doing my hobbies (sewing, crochet and gaming). I got my spotlight membership card before I got my medicare card!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Nyxkat said:

Haha I already have one! Got one so soon as I could after my visitor visa turned into a bridging visa A.

How are you and your family settling in? Well I hope!

Yes doing pretty well thanks, we found a part furnished rental pretty quickly (our airbnb wasn't great), moved in after a week in early October.  Kids into good schools the week after, and I got a great job and started beginning of Jan, all going well.  My wife is halfway through a TAFE course for her new career direction. The car arrived in November, and our container eventually in late Jan, and we are mostly organised now!

The heat was a bit full on so we are enjoying the cooler weather now.  I am working in West Perth and the office is pretty quiet, but hoping it all picks up a bit once masks come off later in the year.  

• Like 2