First British Passport for Aussie Kids

aliasp

Hi all 

Have looked but can't find a previous post, can someone point me in the right direction of how to get the first UK passport for Aussie born kids, I am British and wife is Aussie. 

Moving back to Perth in Scotland in January hopefully and starting to get things moving, applied for my passport renewal today, and now need to do the 3 kids and get my wife's visa organised so she can work when we arrive. Was strange when i applied for my own passport it went to the UK, and not here in Australia, and i need to now scan and send them all the pages from my Australian passport also with my old british passport in the mail. 

Any pointers for either appreciated, thanks. 

Just now, Quoll said:

It used to be form C2 http://www.gov.ai/forms/passport/form-c2.pdf all very straightforward I think asking as you are British (other than by descent unless you've lived there for a while).

Does your wife have any UK ancestry - UK grandparents lend themselves to ancestry visas which is the easiest to obtain.

Thank you i will have a look now, i am Scottish and moved here when i was 31, now 49 and my wife agrees after so long i am due some years at home with my family and friends. She is Aussie and no British ancestors, so i don't know how easy her visa will be. 

10 hours ago, aliasp said:

Thank you i will have a look now, i am Scottish and moved here when i was 31, now 49 and my wife agrees after so long i am due some years at home with my family and friends. She is Aussie and no British ancestors, so i don't know how easy her visa will be. 

She'll need a spouse visa. It's totally different from the Australian partner visa.  You won't need to submit masses of proof that you're a couple, like you would for the Australian one.  Instead, it's all about money.  Either you need a job to go to, or you need to prove adequate savings.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/08/2021 at 07:09, Marisawright said:

She'll need a spouse visa. It's totally different from the Australian partner visa.  You won't need to submit masses of proof that you're a couple, like you would for the Australian one.  Instead, it's all about money.  Either you need a job to go to, or you need to prove adequate savings.  

Thanks Marisa

Does the spouse visa enable her to work straight away or would she need to wait? Money will be fine as we will be selling the house in Melbourne before we move. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aliasp,

I applied for my children’s first British Passports earlier this year. I am British with Australian citizenship, children were born here, father Australian (divorced).

It was very easy. https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport
it is all completed online. You will need to send original birth certificates, both yours and the children’s to prove descent. You take your own photos. You will need someone in the UK to confirm details about the children. That’s it. It took 5 weeks from start to finish for us.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 11:24, Homesick69 said:

Hi Aliasp,

I applied for my children’s first British Passports earlier this year. I am British with Australian citizenship, children were born here, father Australian (divorced).

It was very easy. https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport
it is all completed online. You will need to send original birth certificates, both yours and the children’s to prove descent. You take your own photos. You will need someone in the UK to confirm details about the children. That’s it. It took 5 weeks from start to finish for us.

I hope that helps.

thanks mate, actually i am just back from australia post now, just sent off my documentation and all passports are applied for now for the kids. just have to do my wife's visa application now and we will be well on the way. 

some small renovations on the house and hopefully we will be back in Scotland around about Feb / March time! 

1 hour ago, aliasp said:

thanks mate, actually i am just back from australia post now, just sent off my documentation and all passports are applied for now for the kids. just have to do my wife's visa application now and we will be well on the way. 

some small renovations on the house and hopefully we will be back in Scotland around about Feb / March time! 

Are you sure you are allowed to scan your other passports and just send that?

I thought the requirement was to send them the actual passports you already hold.

• 3 months later...

Kids passports are all here, applied for the partner visa for my wife and now just getting the documentation together of the proof of our marriage etc.  

I think the property will be on the market in April once we have some renovations done, it is coming together now and getting very exciting! 

Edited by aliasp
  • Congratulations 1