AAT Won for 187

zijse

57 minutes ago, virajhu said:

Did you enquired or complained through the provided channel, because you went now over the provided processing days.

No, I haven’t complained, its 31st month running its around 920 days. I think there are few members  in this forum who waited around 31 or 32 months I hope we are not far

1 hour ago, Tinda said:

No, I haven’t complained, its 31st month running its around 920 days. I think there are few members  in this forum who waited around 31 or 32 months I hope we are not far

So it means there are not many in this forum, those have gone over the 937 days?

43 minutes ago, virajhu said:

So it means there are not many in this forum, those have gone over the 937 days?

Well,  I don’t know I haven’t seen any, I’m only trying to say that there are few members who waited around this time length to hear from tribunal so hope for the best 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a quick question. Does the number of hours you are working will impact the decision of your case. 
another question is once visa been granted through AAT, do we still need to work for the same employer for 2 more years. 

On 05/04/2021 at 08:31, S2020 said:

Hi All,

I have a quick question. Does the number of hours you are working will impact the decision of your case. 
another question is once visa been granted through AAT, do we still need to work for the same employer for 2 more years. 

AAT doesnot grant visas. It only reasses and decide whether application sent back to immigration for processing. 

Once immigration grant visa you have to work for your sponsor. Doesnot matter how many hours. But it's not your choice though. 

14 hours ago, S2020 said:

My question was Was will the decision of hearing impacted if one hasn’t worked full time hours since covid?

Hi,

Visa 187 do not have any condition to work full time or part-time for your employer before the grant of the visa,  even if you do not work for your employer before the grant, shouldn't matter, if you are onshore you get 3 months of time to start the work with your employer and if you offshore you get 6 months to start the work with your employer after the grant, it was only considered safe and helpful to convince the genuine position to the department in recent years when department foolishly started refusing the applications. You have a very solid reason of covid-19 for the reduction of the hours, so don't worry, if your employer is with you.

and yes, the department does not count the time you worked for your employer before the grant of the visa, the two-year work condition starts after the grant, but if you are an existing employee before the grant of the visa and you have solid reasons like business ceased or any other issue, I think that will not impact your visa, if you can prove that you genuinely tried to stick with your role and employer and its the employer whose conditions are changed and he do not require your services as an employee onwards.

7 hours ago, virajhu said:

Hi,

Visa 187 do not have any condition to work full time or part-time for your employer before the grant of the visa,  even if you do not work for your employer before the grant, shouldn't matter, if you are onshore you get 3 months of time to start the work with your employer and if you offshore you get 6 months to start the work with your employer after the grant, it was only considered safe and helpful to convince the genuine position to the department in recent years when department foolishly started refusing the applications. You have a very solid reason of covid-19 for the reduction of the hours, so don't worry, if your employer is with you.

You are giving people wrong information, subclass 187 has a condition that you have to be working full time for your employer for a period  2years after the grant and prior to getting a visa, if you’re not working for your employer full time then there is a higher chance that you won’t win AAT, there are exceptions for reduced number of work hours affected due to COVID-19. You can have mutual agreement with your employer to part ways in that 2year period after the grant but you have to prove you made a genuine attempt to stay with the employer, if your employer notify the department that you have ended your employment before the 2yrs obligatory period than your 187 visa gets cancelled. Please don’t give people wrong information and whoever reads this thread don’t make any decisions without talking to your registered migration agent. Thanks 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David08 said:

You are giving people wrong information, subclass 187 has a condition that you have to be working full time for your employer for a period  2years after the grant and prior to getting a visa, if you’re not working for your employer full time then there is a higher chance that you won’t win AAT, there are exceptions for reduced number of work hours affected due to COVID-19. You can have mutual agreement with your employer to part ways in that 2year period after the grant but you have to prove you made a genuine attempt to stay with the employer, if your employer notify the department that you have ended your employment before the 2yrs obligatory period than your 187 visa gets cancelled. Please don’t give people wrong information and whoever reads this thread don’t make any decisions without talking to your registered migration agent. Thanks 

You are right David, but the working obligation is only after the grant of the visa not before the grant, and if you have any evidence or information regarding the work obligation before the grant of the visa, can you please share it here. Mate, I never provide deliberately misleading info, I have written here after reading the whole conditions of the 187 visa subclass. I think many people granted this visa without even stepping into their employer's business premises and only started work after the grant of the visa. and How is that possible for an offshore applicant to start work with an employer before the grant of the visa when he will get the entry only after the grant of the visa?🤔

On 23/03/2021 at 11:48, Tinda said:

Hi, I think now you have gone over 937 days, did you hear anything?

2 hours ago, virajhu said:

You are right David, but the working obligation is only after the grant of the visa not before the grant, and if you have any evidence or information regarding the work obligation before the grant of the visa, can you please share it here. Mate, I never provide deliberately misleading info, I have written here after reading the whole conditions of the 187 visa subclass. I think many people granted this visa without even stepping into their employer's business premises and only started work after the grant of the visa. and How is that possible for an offshore applicant to start work with an employer before the grant of the visa when he will get the entry only after the grant of the visa?🤔

Well again, which stream are we talking? I am TRT and I had be to employed full time for 2 years before I could even apply for 187 visa, if you’re talking about DE then yes you can get this visa without stepping into your potential place of work. The person you were replying to mentioned that he has concern that his AAT decision might be affected due to reduced number of hours, what this tells me? He or she is more likely TRT (457 visa), reduced number of hours is a cause of concern? Absolutely but immigration and AAT is taking account of reduced number of hours due to COVID-19, I won AAT while I wasn’t even working due to Covid-19 but I have been employed full time for number of years so that was in my favour. Condition of 457 is you have to be working full time for your employer and you have the option of applying 187visa after your 2yrs of full time employment. You really think everyone on here are offshore? As far as I know you cannot go to AAT if you’re an offshore applicant (I might be wrong but that’s what I have been told by my migration agent). Only employers can go to AAT for nomination only as they are Australian based. If you’re an offshore applicant this forum is useless for you. Well guess I don’t really know how offshore applicants start their work with an employer before the grant of the visa when he will get the entry only after the grant of the visa. But very good question, I’ll let someone else answer that 🤔

49 minutes ago, David08 said:

Well again, which stream are we talking? I am TRT and I had be to employed full time for 2 years before I could even apply for 187 visa, if you’re talking about DE then yes you can get this visa without stepping into your potential place of work. The person you were replying to mentioned that he has concern that his AAT decision might be affected due to reduced number of hours, what this tells me? He or she is more likely TRT (457 visa), reduced number of hours is a cause of concern? Absolutely but immigration and AAT is taking account of reduced number of hours due to COVID-19, I won AAT while I wasn’t even working due to Covid-19 but I have been employed full time for number of years so that was in my favour. Condition of 457 is you have to be working full time for your employer and you have the option of applying 187visa after your 2yrs of full time employment. You really think everyone on here are offshore? As far as I know you cannot go to AAT if you’re an offshore applicant (I might be wrong but that’s what I have been told by my migration agent). Only employers can go to AAT for nomination only as they are Australian based. If you’re an offshore applicant this forum is useless for you. Well guess I don’t really know how offshore applicants start their work with an employer before the grant of the visa when he will get the entry only after the grant of the visa. But very good question, I’ll let someone else answer that 🤔

hi David, that is a different scenario, you are right in the case of TRT, yes the employee has to be working on a 457 visa before they even lodge the 187,

but not if the applicant is DE, it's DE applicants, those who do not have to start work with their employer before the grant of the visa.

1 hour ago, virajhu said:

hi David, that is a different scenario, you are right in the case of TRT, yes the employee has to be working on a 457 visa before they even lodge the 187,

but not if the applicant is DE, it's DE applicants, those who do not have to start work with their employer before the grant of the visa.

Even though applicant has a condition to work after visa grant but these days AAT department and immigration assessing files very carefully. In order to show the genuineness of position, we have to prove that we are working full time with employer  and business can’t survive without our service. Recently AAT asked documents from my employer and they asked for all payslips, job samples ( proofs of whatsapp chat and emails with supplier customer and other skate holders) and group certificates. if employee was stood down, they asking for reasons, they asking for job keeper payments as well , how long employer received it and ( how many employees received), there is no connection between 187 and job keeper but they are enquiring everything. It’s very hard to win AAT for those who not working with business. 

Edited by Sponsor
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Parimal said:

I saw today its 948 days now.

I think it's better you guys call the AAT now, and check the status and update us as well if possible for you, mine 937 will complete on the 20th of this month, I will phone them.