AAT Won for 187

zijse

I waiting for my wife's AAT hearing for 17 months. AAT gave priority 1. My agent told me it would be within 1 month. But already passed 17 months. Agent said the delay is due to coronavirus. Still do not when AAT will call for hearing even my agent does not know. 

Any body has this type of experience or in similar situation. Any information about AAT hearing on partner visa appeal and what my agent should do for the AAT hearing. My agent asked for the visitor visa for my wife. Would it a right decision to do where Immi refused my wife's visa and waiting for the hearing in AAT.

Waiting for your response guys..

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, rodelad209 said:

I waiting for my wife's AAT hearing for 17 months. AAT gave priority 1. My agent told me it would be within 1 month. But already passed 17 months. Agent said the delay is due to coronavirus. Still do not when AAT will call for hearing even my agent does not know. 

Any body has this type of experience or in similar situation. Any information about AAT hearing on partner visa appeal and what my agent should do for the AAT hearing. My agent asked for the visitor visa for my wife. Would it a right decision to do where Immi refused my wife's visa and waiting for the hearing in AAT.

Thanks.

Hii

Had seen peoples waiting for 3 years. 

16 hours ago, rodelad209 said:

Thanks.

I have been waiting for 26 months...

Why AAT gave your wife priority 1?

Thanks.

I have been waiting for 26 months...

Why AAT gave your wife priority 1?

My agent said it would take 1/2 months but... been 17 months already no information from AAT. 

I think YOU should ALL compliant about this timing process. If all applicants complaint then maybe something happen.  My manager lodged formal complaint against AAT last Monday as after about 4 month after hearing  still we haven't received any news or update and after calling 100 times still there is not proper answer. so disappointed from how they treat people here. wrong destination but too late to step back. (this is what they want)

Apply IMM 2016 

Rejected 2018 (training benchmark!!!!)

applied AAT 2018

Hearing was sep 2020

No news after

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, samsam said:

I think YOU should ALL compliant about this timing process. If all applicants complaint then maybe something happen.  My manager lodged formal complaint against AAT last Monday as after about 4 month after hearing  still we haven't received any news or update and after calling 100 times still there is not proper answer. so disappointed from how they treat people here. wrong destination but too late to step back. (this is what they want)

Apply IMM 2016 

Rejected 2018 (training benchmark!!!!)

applied AAT 2018

Hearing was sep 2020

No news after

Hey Samsam 

we have called them a hundred times, between emails and complains. Nothing happened yet. We won appeal on back April/20 and haven’t heard anything from Immi since.

so sad and disappointed here too. I know a friend of mine waited a year and half after winning AAT. 

2 hours ago, Leticia said:

Hey Samsam 

we have called them a hundred times, between emails and complains. Nothing happened yet. We won appeal on back April/20 and haven’t heard anything from Immi since.

so sad and disappointed here too. I know a friend of mine waited a year and half after winning AAT. 

It is getting worse and worse. Before I just thought  Immi played with us Then AAT review took about 2 years to do the hearing and NOW after hearing it took 4 month and there is no answer from them . such a joke. Before AAT made decision usually around 1 month after hearing but now  even they are not making decision and started to do what IMMI doing!!!! unbelievable. 

• Sad 1

Hi All Forum Members, 

First, we all are exhausted by the wrong decision of the department and now getting mentally harassed by the time taken by the AAT to review and even taking too much time to give a decision after hearing, below are two methods where we can give our feedback and complaints to AAT, I request every single people even if somebody who is not in the forum but has their decision pending with AAT to lodge the complaint with both below two bodies, 

https://www.aat.gov.au/contact-us/feedback-and-complaints   (AAT own portal to know the feedback and complaints)

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/     (make sure we lodge a formal complaint to the ombudsman for this harassment, we paid thousands of fee to the immigration dept. and then to AAT for the hearing, only to wait for indefinite and getting harrassed and suffering of ourself and our loved ones) 

10 minutes ago, virajhu said:

Hi All Forum Members, 

First, we all are exhausted by the wrong decision of the department and now getting mentally harassed by the time taken by the AAT to review and even taking too much time to give a decision after hearing, below are two methods where we can give our feedback and complaints to AAT, I request every single people even if somebody who is not in the forum but has their decision pending with AAT to lodge the complaint with both below two bodies, 

Part of the reason that the AAT process takes so long is that the tribunal is overloaded and currently has approximately 60,000 pending cases. 

I'm not sure if encouraging everyone to lodge a complaint will help and will probably make the situation worse. If the AAT is dealing with a huge volume of complaints, they will have less time to process applications. 

11 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Part of the reason that the AAT process takes so long is that the tribunal is overloaded and currently has approximately 60,000 pending cases. 

I'm not sure if encouraging everyone to lodge a complaint will help and will probably make the situation worse. If the AAT is dealing with a huge volume of complaints, they will have less time to process applications. 

Agree 100%.

Raul, do you happen to know the current processing time at AAT? We appealed IMMI's decision in June 2019 and are wondering when we can expect for the file to open.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Agree 100%.

Raul, do you happen to know the current processing time at AAT? We appealed IMMI's decision in June 2019 and are wondering when we can expect for the file to open.

Thanks 

Hi MilaMocha, 

Sorry, do not want to discourage you, but people here are waiting who applied in November 2016, so you can estimate your timeline accordingly.

5 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Agree 100%.

Thanks 

It does vary but most 186/187 application are taking a bit over two years to get a hearing. My last one took 28 months.

The active AAT case numbers do seem to be decreasing (maybe as a result of COVID) so hopefully we will see processing times improving this year.

8 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

It does vary but most 186/187 application are taking a bit over two years to get a hearing. My last one took 28 months.

The active AAT case numbers do seem to be decreasing (maybe as a result of COVID) so hopefully we will see processing times improving this year.

Fingers crossed.

It also appears that the new regional visas the Government introduced are much easier to get, would you say that people who aren't lucky to win at the AAT should have a go at the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)? Especially for offshore applicants (we're currently here but will have to leave if we lose at AAT) and reapply from overseas (due to being on a visa C).

Thanks

2 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

The active AAT case numbers do seem to be decreasing (maybe as a result of COVID) so hopefully we will see processing times improving

2 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

this year.

Hi Raul, 

This below is an excerpt from AAT complaint team, which says, they are independent and it will not impact the process of application as the red line describes below.

How we use your feedback

We value your feedback on the quality of our service as it allows us to understand what is working well and where improvements can be made.  The Tribunal records, categorises and monitors complaints and feedback. This helps us to identify training needs, respond to emerging customer service issues, and measure customer and community satisfaction.

Please note, the AAT complaint process is independent of and has no effect on further appeal avenues available to you and the timeframes that may apply.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

2 hours ago, samsam said:

Just Let you know guys, after my manager had formal complaint , less than a week later, AAT sent an email and told us they are going to make decision by next two weeks, SO complaint works for us.

Good luck

After how long did you lodge the complaint?

Good luck

• Like 1