Partner Visa offshore - evidence

hello all

Has anybody applied for a Partner Visa offshore without being financially tied together or having lived together. We have always lived separately as we met in 2018 and our plans were put on hold due to COVID. We have our relationship registered by NSW government and bags of evidence to prove we are in a relationship just hoping that is enough. 

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, wonderingwoman789 said:

hello all

Has anybody applied for a Partner Visa offshore without being financially tied together or having lived together. We have always lived separately as we met in 2018 and our plans were put on hold due to COVID. We have our relationship registered by NSW government and bags of evidence to prove we are in a relationship just hoping that is enough. 

Thanks in advance

You previously posted that you had an ‘immigration lawyer’ working on your application. Assuming they are properly qualified, they are in a much better position to comment on your specific circumstances. 

We were in a very similar situation. But we did have plenty of photos, receipts and tickets. Including business class flights to Phuket for modelling and media work. 

We travelled to Australia and had photos of us with family there. That meant we also had support with our family/friends forms.

Also, we never had any shard bank accounts. But I was sending funds from my wages overseas using Western Union, so I supplied the Western Union receipts (boy was that a lot of work).

Everything was put together, tons of photos and documents, and we sent everything to our agent.

Our agent mostly organised and double checked everything. They read through each page of documentation, they suggested which photos and documents to add, they also pointed out errors in our application.

Very grateful to have spent that little extra to have a sense of relief, knowing someone is looking after this difficult problem.

Remember, you can and need to delegate in many cases where the problem is beyond your capacity.

Not only that, I used to put together VISA applications for international music artists coming into Australia for the entertainment industry. It's not easy to do an application, and people make mistakes, I just didn't have the time and brain capacity to handle the entire process. So even with our 309 documents, having an agent was worth every cent.

Good luck!

Edited by psuwara
minor addition
  • Like 1