Things you miss about Britain

HappyHeart

Well getting right back to what the thread was about.....  one thing I do miss is the local pub and going for a Plowman's lunch and just chatting with the locals about  general stuff.   Admittedly the last time I ever did this was in 1990 in Ardingly in West Sussex, and it appears this pub has now disappeared.   When I was last in Sussex in 2015, I went to many pubs, but they all had become so very different and a Ploughmans was not on the menu.  However we often do a huge Plowman's platter at my place in WA for lunch... teaching all  our Aussie friends what a Ploughman's is!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Well getting right back to what the thread was about.....  one thing I do miss is the local pub and going for a Plowman's lunch and just chatting with the locals about  general stuff.   Admittedly the last time I ever did this was in 1990 in Ardingly in West Sussex, and it appears this pub has now disappeared.   When I was last in Sussex in 2015, I went to many pubs, but they all had become so very different and a Ploughmans was not on the menu.  However we often do a huge Plowman's platter at my place in WA for lunch... teaching all  our Aussie friends what a Ploughman's is!!

I love a Plowmans lunch.  Especially lovely sitting in a pub garden on a warm day with a cold lager.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Even coming back to Surfers after ten months away and some places are not the same as staff and customers have moved on.  On the other hand some faces stay the same and I'm sure there are some in England who are still there though I've not been back for 13 years.

My fave cheese here is Mersey from, I think Tasmania,  and one of their brands is Ploughman's. Actually,  I do a light lunch here sans bread with cheese , tomato, cucumber, carrot, capsicum. I liked doing scampi, chips and peas in my local in England.

• Like 1