Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has recent AIQS skills assessment experience and can give me an idea of the timescale? 

I know it says upto 2 months, my partner submitted his on 23rd March, received acknowledgment and money deducted 25th March so it’s been 1 month. I was really hoping, with everything being English, no translations to be verified etc it wouldn’t take the 2 months. 

My impatient nature can’t take it! 

Hi Sarah_Cor

Sorry to hijack your thread, I'm in a very similar position to you as I've just submitted my application to AIQS last week. Assuming all is well with your application, what Visa/State you are looking into to and what you are your timescales for moving (all going well)?

43 minutes ago, Clawmold said:

Hi Sarah_Cor

Sorry to hijack your thread, I'm in a very similar position to you as I've just submitted my application to AIQS last week. Assuming all is well with your application, what Visa/State you are looking into to and what you are your timescales for moving (all going well)?

That’s ok! I’ll let you know when my partner receives his back to give you an idea of timescales . We’re looking at the 189 and Queensland. 

He has his PTE English test booked for 29th May, so hoping the results for that and the AIQS come back at a similar time so we can get our EOI off as soon after that as possible. Hoping (potentially optimistically) for early next year to be moving out. 

How about yourself? 

59 minutes ago, Sarah_Cor said:

That’s ok! I’ll let you know when my partner receives his back to give you an idea of timescales . We’re looking at the 189 and Queensland. 

He has his PTE English test booked for 29th May, so hoping the results for that and the AIQS come back at a similar time so we can get our EOI off as soon after that as possible. Hoping (potentially optimistically) for early next year to be moving out. 

How about yourself? 

I'm hoping to go for a 190 visa once States are open to offshore applicants again. We haven't narrowed down a particular place just yet and it will obviously depend on where QS's are in demand. I done the IELTS test earlier in the year and got 3 x 9s and an 8.5. It was fairly straightforward as an native Brit and English speaker since birth.

It would be good hear how you get on with AIQS. I assume you'll hear before me!

7 hours ago, Sarah_Cor said:

How about yourself? 

You know you’ll probably need 100 points?

On 26/04/2021 at 22:44, Marisawright said:

You know you’ll probably need 100 points?

What makes you say that? There has been a few months previously that have had higher points threshold, due to the pandemic, but it’s back to around 75 points now. From what we have seen 

19 hours ago, Sarah_Cor said:

What makes you say that? There has been a few months previously that have had higher points threshold, due to the pandemic, but it’s back to around 75 points now. From what we have seen 

This isn't what everyone else is seeing...

For the last few months the points required for a 189 have been lower than the natural average because they are only looking at critical careers (nurse, doctor and some IT) and as they really want those to fight COVID they have lowered the bar on points 

You need to go back to Jan 2000 to see what the real invite level is likely to be and that was always 90/95 

Its likely to be higher when it opens up as the queue has just been growing during the lockdown and so many very high points applications are waiting in the queue and they will be handled first

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 16:21, Clawmold said:

I'm hoping to go for a 190 visa once States are open to offshore applicants again. We haven't narrowed down a particular place just yet and it will obviously depend on where QS's are in demand. I done the IELTS test earlier in the year and got 3 x 9s and an 8.5. It was fairly straightforward as an native Brit and English speaker since birth.

It would be good hear how you get on with AIQS. I assume you'll hear before me!

Hiya! 

Just to let you know, we submitted to the AIQS on 23/03, it was acknowledged on 25/03 and we have received the approved assessment today 14/05. 
Hopefully it gives you an idea of timescales 😊