Medicare card in quarantine

KangaKit

1 hour ago, KangaKit said:

Hi, has anyone been able to apply for their medicare card whilst in quarantine? If so..did u put the hotel address or holiday temporary accommodation down as your address?

I don't think it would be wise to put the hotel address. Might be worth liaising with the temporary accommodation to see if they would be willing to take in post for you prior to your arrival.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KangaKit said:

Hi, has anyone been able to apply for their medicare card whilst in quarantine? If so..did u put the hotel address or holiday temporary accommodation down as your address?

You could use a friend's address, or if you don't know anyone that well then use your temporary accommodation address to set up a PO Box. Almost every post office in Australia has PO Boxes (they are more commonly-used than in the UK), and are very handy if you think that you might be moving around a lot during your first year. I had one in Paddington (QLD) and it was so handy I kept it for donkey's years.

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/manage-your-mail/po-boxes-and-private-bags

• Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 01:46, Wanderer Returns said:

You could use a friend's address, or if you don't know anyone that well then use your temporary accommodation address to set up a PO Box. Almost every post office in Australia has PO Boxes (they are more commonly-used than in the UK), and are very handy if you think that you might be moving around a lot during your first year. I had one in Paddington (QLD) and it was so handy I kept it for donkey's years.

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/manage-your-mail/po-boxes-and-private-bags

Ooh.. good idea thanks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...