Best airline to use

Cots

Hello

I've picked up on different conversations around flights. 

Which airlines would be the best to book with?

BA advised that all transiting airports needs to be checked individually but I've see the suggestion on here that perhaps Quatar would be a good one as they're allowing transiting passengers through their countries and also perhaps Singapore Airlines?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Cots said:

Hello

I've picked up on different conversations around flights. 

Which airlines would be the best to book with?

BA advised that all transiting airports needs to be checked individually but I've see the suggestion on here that perhaps Quatar would be a good one as they're allowing transiting passengers through their countries and also perhaps Singapore Airlines?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Qatar (the airline and the country) have been the most consistent over the last 10 months. Singapore and HK have closed transit at least once with no notice. Emirates unilaterally dropped all East Coast flights a month or so ago, reinstated them a week later and have now dropped London due to the ban on flights from the UAE. Qantas are only flying flights where they can get a big subsidy from the government, so their flights are being managed via DFAT.

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Qatar (the airline and the country) have been the most consistent over the last 10 months. Singapore and HK have closed transit at least once with no notice. Emirates unilaterally dropped all East Coast flights a month or so ago, reinstated them a week later and have now dropped London due to the ban on flights from the UAE. Qantas are only flying flights where they can get a big subsidy from the government, so their flights are being managed via DFAT.

I agree, why go with airlines which have a track record of stopping services, when Qatar have continued throughout - and not just on AU routes.  SIA is out as you cannot transit Singapore, and Emirates because they are not flying to the UK.  QANTAS are not going to restart until caps are lifted substantially, and I don't see this in 2021.  

Qatar are also offering fee free changes for flights booked before I think end f March and taken before the end of 2021.

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Qatar are also offering fee free changes for flights booked before I think end f March and taken before the end of 2021.

Actually, end of April for flights this year, currently, although they may extend that as many airlines seem to be doing at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, just to echo others Qatar is best, some info about some of the other big carriers:
1. Qatar (no issues, except Adelaide)
2. Emirates (issues in Dubai at times)
3. Singapore Airlines (issues in Singapore at times)
4. British Airways (Sydney flight cancelled but good at honouring tickets and rebooking people on other airlines)
5. Cathay Pacific (issues in Hong Kong at times, quite a few routes cancelled but many still running)
6. Qantas (all flights cancelled but there are special charter flights)

7 hours ago, mt9754 said:

Yep, just to echo others Qatar is best, some info about some of the other big carriers:
1. Qatar (no issues, except Adelaide)
2. Emirates (issues in Dubai at times)
3. Singapore Airlines (issues in Singapore at times)
4. British Airways (Sydney flight cancelled but good at honouring tickets and rebooking people on other airlines)
5. Cathay Pacific (issues in Hong Kong at times, quite a few routes cancelled but many still running)
6. Qantas (all flights cancelled but there are special charter flights)

I thought Qatar was ok, but still prefer Emirates. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, newjez said:

I thought Qatar was ok, but still prefer Emirates. 

I would choose Emirates in normal times for sure, but not if they are not flying to London.  Seems mad to book with an airline not flying to your start point even if they should start again by the time you are flying.