Moving Cat to UK

Alice M

Hello,

I am moving to London in 2 months and trying to find the best way to take my cat with me.  I have received a quote from Pettravelle for $5874.00 which is too expensive for me. I also am a first time pet owner and it is my first time planning to relocate a pet. I will appreciate any suggestion on how to relocate my cat in the most cost effective way.

Thank you,

Alice 

13 hours ago, Alice M said:

Hello,

I am moving to London in 2 months and trying to find the best way to take my cat with me.  I have received a quote from Pettravelle for $5874.00 which is too expensive for me. I also am a first time pet owner and it is my first time planning to relocate a pet. I will appreciate any suggestion on how to relocate my cat in the most cost effective way.

Thank you,

Alice 

That price sounds right compared to what we paid two years ago, but get another couple of quotes just to compare.

It can be done a little cheaper if you arrange everything yourself, but personally, I would never take that risk.  It's a complicated procedure exporting an animal and best left to the experts. Even more so now due to covid.

So many things can go wrong, flight delays, missing paperwork, missed a date for a vaccination etc etc. It's a massive risk to do this yourself. 

Try Dogtainers. We paid $6630 for four cats (in two crates) from Sydney to Scotland about 3.5 years ago. Great service from them, cats arrived safely. They were just moggies though, not a special breed (I don't know if that affects things).