Australian Citizenship application - parent passed away

budeman

Hi, 

I am applying for citizenship and wading my way through the 34 pages of the application...

I am up to the "Details of Parents" section and although I have the details of one parent my mum passed away a number of years ago (she was an Australian permanent resident at the time) so I don't have her passport details.  

Do I just put a no  in the part where is says "Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia?"

Also I have tried looking for a checklist of the documents and details of things that are needed to complete the application but cannot find them - I looked on the immi website "how to" section of becoming a citizen but the information is very generic - is there a checklist that anyone has that would stop me having to save and come back to it later?

Thanks, 

Mark. 

I put No on that part - so only provided my parents' names, DOB and location of birth.

Can't answer your checklist question as I uploaded the documentation that I had, which most suited the various parts of the application.

Essentially it's your home country passport details, local ID (such as driver licence), birth certificate, form 1195 (verifying your identify and signed by someone on the list of professions) as well as proof of your first entry into Australia on your visa.  And also everyone's favourite question where you have to list all the countries you've visited over the past various lifetimes.

Some of the documents will get used more than once. You may have more types of documentation or ID, depending on where you're from.

When I did mine it asked to to input details of documents to prove identity and address, you had a choice of documents to use.  Those are the documents you will need to upload.  At the end of the application you will get a list of documents you need to provide. It will not be the same for everyone.

I just put in basic details for dead relatives.

I also did my best with the travel section concentrating on the last 10 years, laughable asking a 57 year old European to list all their international  travel since they were 18! Would have taken up many pages, as it was I had to add supplementary pages.

3 hours ago, budeman said:

Many thanks for the replies -

I hope I am using the correct application as I haven't had to upload anything yet but I am only up to page 11 of 34.  I am completing the "Australian citizenship by conferral"  as shown below (I already have PR)  

image.png.6eb5d1b1258ca9064cf2d0dd7e49cb38.png

Yes that's the right one.

Be patient 😄  Also you don't have to do it all at once. 

10 hours ago, rammygirl said:

When I did mine it asked to to input details of documents to prove identity and address, you had a choice of documents to use.  Those are the documents you will need to upload.  At the end of the application you will get a list of documents you need to provide. It will not be the same for everyone.

I just put in basic details for dead relatives.

I also did my best with the travel section concentrating on the last 10 years, laughable asking a 57 year old European to list all their international  travel since they were 18! Would have taken up many pages, as it was I had to add supplementary pages.

I put together a spreadsheet of travel with month, destination and purpose for my partner visa which did the trick.  I guess they are looking for patterns of dodgy trips to Iran or something.

15 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I put together a spreadsheet of travel with month, destination and purpose for my partner visa which did the trick.  I guess they are looking for patterns of dodgy trips to Iran or something.

We phoned up as can’t remember which, but either paper application or electronic said 10 years and other said from 18? The inference was just put 10 years, no idea why there is a difference.

As my husband had flown all his working life, the latter was impossible, so we just did 10 years it was accepted with no problem. Can’t advise you to do the same, but worked for our application in May, citizenship ceremony in November. It was quick, but we didn’t have to take the test as geriatric.

Edited by ramot