Initial entry date on offshore visa subclass 100 cannot be met due to OZ government flight curtailment

marco_l

53 minutes ago, paulhand said:

In which case they don't expect you to ask for one ... that's the reason the form is designed as it is. You only need the letter when the date has passed.

Yes but there is a post above mentioning someone has obtained a facilitation letter before their date has passed... which is why I asked if there was an email address

11 minutes ago, megan987 said:

Yes but there is a post above mentioning someone has obtained a facilitation letter before their date has passed... which is why I asked if there was an email address

Hearsay of hearsay! And in any case that comment was posted well before they put the new application process in place.

I understand that this is frustrating, but the process is finally well documented and the best thing is that everyone does what the Department asks. That way it will go more efficiently for everyone. 

I went through all the panic and frustration that the lack of clear information from the Department of Home affairs in regards this situation for Partner visas that their First Entry Date is or is about to expire. My subclass 100 partner visa first entry date is due on the 28th of Nov,2020 but once I saw this form on their webite I relaxed and I won't worry anymore until the time comes to schedule my flight in a better and reliable time in the near future.

Please read below:

Only complete this form if you are now ready to make travel plans for Australia

Travel facilitation letter request form:

Use this form to contact us if you have a Permanent or Provisional family visa and you cannot travel to Australia before the specified Initial Entry Date (first entry date) condition advised in your visa grant letter.

A Provisional visa is a Temporary visa that leads to a Permanent visa.  If you hold a Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa, you do not hold a Permanent or Provisional visa and you should not complete this form. See here for further advice on what to do if you have a Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa.

Only complete this form if you are now ready to make travel plans for Australia. Travel restrictions are subject to change and you should regularly check  COVID-19 and the border for any updates.

For quarantine and state border requirements see Quarantine for coronavirus (COVID-19), Australian Government Department of Health.
If you have correctly lodged a travel facilitation request form and we do not issue the travel facilitation letter, we will contact you to explain further.

The link to the letter is here: (plz copy and paste)

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/Pages/travel-facilitation-letter-request-form.aspx

Hope this gives everyone some peace of mind.

Good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays wherever you are in the world.

Cheers !!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2020 at 15:58, megan987 said:

Hi Megan,

My entry date (Partner Visa 100) hasn't yet passed and I now have a letter of facilitation taking me up to next December. I haven't had to show any evidence of flights being booked etc and I know that this letter is being granted to others by the London office, but also the partner visa processing office in Queensland. It's definitely taken one source of worry away, for now anyway.

To get the letter I emailed my processing centre, London, directly (after the new process was put in place), having had no luck with the generic Home Affairs number/complaints email. 

Hope this helps you.

Edited by Elizabetty

2 hours ago, Elizabetty said:

Hi Megan,

My entry date (Partner Visa 100) hasn't yet passed and I now have a letter of facilitation taking me up to next December. I haven't had to show any evidence of flights being booked etc and I know that this letter is being granted to others by the London office, but also the partner visa processing office in Queensland. It's definitely taken one source of worry away, for now anyway.

To get the letter I emailed my processing centre, London, directly (after the new process was put in place), having had no luck with the generic Home Affairs number/complaints email. 

Hope this helps you.

Hi Elizabeth,

I don't suppose you can give us the email address you contacted for the London branch?

When I tried to submit a query via the Contact Us section, the response I got was basically "visit the Covid19 section for more information"

M