Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'covid'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat

Categories

  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 15 results

  1. Hi all, I have a strange dilemma about my visa subclass 100 myself and my son were granted from offshore. My wife is an OZ citizen. The initial entry date of our visa is due to expire at the beginning of December 2020. All our flights we had booked this year have been cancelled by the airline due to the ongoing covid situation. I can prove that with cancellation certs issues by the airline. Technically, we still have some time left but when I called the airline to rebook after the last cancellation , they explained to me that the OZ government would only allow people to fly to australia for "emergencies".The airlines are told to enforce that policy and they need to actually engage with the OZ goverment before allowing a passenger on a flight. As "emergency" they have 3 categories that fit into it: 1. OZ citizen going back for medical emergency 2. OZ citizen stuck abroad with no means to support himself/herself 3. Family member stuck abroad with a child to care for in OZ. Clearly, (and rightfully so) our partner visa activation doesn't fit into any of that so I have no hope to make it to OZ by the IED. On the same line, it's clear that this is totally out of my hands and it's the australian government that has set this priorities. The Department of Home Affairs have been pretty generic up to now when i enquired. According to them the message is that there is absolutely no leeway in postponing the initial entry date. is anyone in the same situation as myself and how did they handle it? I would be interested to know if anyone got an extension to their IED based on the current Covid situation and how they went about getting one. Thank you very much to all
  2. Hello, I am looking to appeal to the Aus immigration powers, to lay oit the scenario that we have found ourselves in and I thought there may be more power in numbers. So our visa went active August 2019 and we we arranged to move in May 2020. If you are in a similar situation you will know that the first entry date rule has been waived, but that doesn't stop us 'losing time' available to build up to apply for permanent residency. I have seen that recently there have been some concessions applied to assist (some) who have been in the country and not quite attained the full application requirements and it is my intention to try and make plain my/our issues and hope that some relevant consessions will be made to suit our circumstance. So, please only join in here if you fit this scenario. All the best Darren
  3. Lizziescho

    Travel Exemption

    We have recently started a business in Australia and want to head over to recruit a team based in Sydney and train them along with opening an office. We haven't applied for a visa as of yet, but planning on travelling over on a tourist visa for business purposes. Do anyone know if we would qualify for a travel exemption as we are creating jobs and business in NSW.
  4. Hey all, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation but hoping someone might be able to share some advice. My Partner visa (subclass 100 + 309 - issued at the same time) came through on the 5th March (2 weeks before UK lockdown). We started the process of selling our home, it's all going through now (husband also lost his job and we managed to find a buyer during lockdown!) We should be sold by the end of October. My initial entry date is 5th March 2021. We have read so many horrifying reports of people being stranded in the UK and unable to fly home to Australia. 100,000 people trying to get home, airlines constantly bumping passengers, the daily caps being reached and people turned away at the airport, roughly 6 months to fly those registered home? We don't have 6 months as my visa will expire before I have activated it. I have contacted the DHA and they have given me an email address to request a facilitation letter which will 'potentially' extend this IED. I guess I just wondered is anyone else in the same situation? Any advice? We've had a few heavy conversations recently thinking we may need to give up on our dream of Australia for now and try again in a few years when all this has calmed down (hopefully). It is seemingly getting more and more impossible to get to Australia and we've almost lost hope. Thanks, Meg
  5. Susan from Moneycorp

    That was the week that was.....(8)

    With division growing wider by the day in the US and Consumer confidence at a 6-year low, stronger than forecast Retail Sales seem to be giving the AUD and GBP something unexpected to smile about in the short--term ~ https://www.moneycorp.com/en-au/news-hub/weekly-brief-14-august-20203/
  6. Hi all, I was happily granted my 100 parter visa in February this year. We were super excited as it came in perfect time as we planned to move in May after some travelling. We gave up our jobs, listed the house for rent etc. Within the week, covid had full effect and we went into lock down and Australia had seriously restricted repatriation flights only, shipping was slowed. We decided to hold off for a few months. However now with the quarantine conditions in Australia - 2 weeks confined to one hotel room (not of our choosing) and having to pay £2000 for the privilege (really can't afford this as who knows how long it will take to find jobs over there and it would be from our savings), plus we don't think we will be able to ship our cat at this time amongst other things. We think it is best to find new jobs here in the UK and wait until next year when hopefully things might be a little more settled around the world. Plus my mum has become unwell (not covid) but I am trying to support her care and to move into supported accommodation so could do with a bit of time to get her settled before I go. However - we are concerned as this may take us over the 1 year entry time on my visa conditions. We called Australian immigration and the lady was mightly unhelpful, reading off the internet (what we already knew) and saying that we should let the time lapse and then contact them! This doesn't sound right and I don't want to risk losing the visa. I am going to try to call back today - but I wondered if anyone else is in this situation or had any information? Very much appreciated.
  7. sorca

    Getting Family to OZ

    Hi, Im just wondering if anyone has managed to get family over from the UK to visit recently? (unlikely - I know) I am due a baby in October and my parents wanted to fly over to help (as I have 2 other toddlers). We have no family support here and so I was gutted once I realised this covid situation wasn't going away anytime soon. I was pretty sure that there was no way of them getting over, but some people have told me I should apply for an exemption via home affairs and you never know............. ????? I am aware that even if they did make it over then they would have to go into quarantine etc. Just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to get an exemption and their family has been allowed in? I must add that I am a citizen, live in QLD and my parents are Scottish if any of that makes a difference.
  8. Hi As a healthcare worker I'm just wondering if a positive COVID result (either swab or antibodies) negatively affect the health check or chance of a visa (UK to Aus)
  9. I am very unhappy and need to go back to the UK as I miss family, friends and culture badly. My partner does not want to go back to UK at all and even more now because of COVID. We have a 9 year old and 11 year old who know the UK well (we moved fove years ago), miss our family in the UK but enjoy the lifestyle here . We only came here for a two year adventure as my partner's medic work is loads better here. I have been trying to get home for three years but as my partner does not want to go he has resisted and refused. I don't want to rip out family apart so want us to go together. I'm desperate to go back. Time is running out due to kids schools and my partner digging in his heals more deeply every day. Would moving back to the UK be completely foolish in the current COVID situation?
  10. I would like to apply to travel back to the UK in August on compassionate grounds - to see my 75 year mum. She had bowel cancer and is in remission however she still suffers pain because of it. She lives alone and has no carers. I was due to travel back in April to be with her. The immi criteria states she needs to be ‘seriously ill’. We don’t think she is seriously ill but she needs us. What do I need to ask the GP to write in order to get a positive response to my Exemption application? Any advice much appreciated. Many thanks
  11. Hi all, I applied for a 309 in December 2019 - still awaiting the outcome. My G/F has Australian PR & living with me in London currently. She wants to go back soon, maybe in the next 2 months. Im pretty certain my 309 will not be processed by then, so Im looking at applying for a visitor visa and flying back with her, we have enough funds to support ourselves there whilst i wait for my visa outcome I have questions/concerns around filling in the exemption form. The form asks for my partners country of Residence, should i put UK or Australia here? She's living in the UK for past 2 years, i find the question strange, if i put UK will they reject it as she's currently not in Australia for me claim i need to enter to visit her? We were planning on flying back together but now i'm wondering if she should go first then i later? I am no doubt overthinking this whole process! If anyone else has gone through it please id like some advice! Cheers! Jack
  12. Hi guys, I am holding 489 since Sep 2019. I have been working full time ever since... Until Covid hits. I have been stood down for 3 weeks (but I claimed holiday pay for that period) Now I came back to work. However, the company gave Aussies first priority to work, which makes my work hours to be less than 35 hrs as per 887 work requirement. Would that affect when I submit application for 887 visa?? I know that Immigration has made some exemption for temporary visa but I do not know for how long. https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/Coronavirus-and-Temporary-Visa-holders.aspx If I could not bring my hours back to Sep 2020 this year (Requirement for work full time is 1 year), do I need to continue working until I meet the requirement. I am so worried right now. Any one please suggest. Thank you so much.
  13. Has anyone else had to delay their medical due to the current isolation in the UK?
  14. shoebox20

    COVID Visitor Visa Extension

    Hi, My mum is currently visiting on a e600 (3 month) Visa due to expire in May. Obviously current Chaos means, they cancelled her flight back to the UK, and in all honesty as she is fit and well (even at 70) and we are in Lockdown, I would rather her stay longer - I'm a Citizen and her only child. I'm about to apply for the Visitor Visa (should have done that in the first place) Does anyone know how much the 3-6-12 Month prices are? Thanks in Advance :) Stay safe all Lisa x
  15. Susan from Moneycorp

    Covid

    "We know that behind every currency transaction is someone’s ambition, passion or dream and we’re entrusted with something very important." Our Managing Director Lee McDarby shares some well-rounded thoughts here on the current situation for those changing currency, making foreign payments or buying shares ~ https://www.linkedin.com/posts/leemcdarby_stayhome-staysafe-moneycorp-ugcPost-6652844440283160576-Jnvf
×