Info on points system and selection

Maussie

7 hours ago, DrDougster said:

I'd be less reluctant about giving things a try with a reluctant other half. We were pretty unsure and travelled fairly light when we came out and now the thought of moving back to UK is as far from our minds as it is in reality.

Ah, but you were unsure together.  That's different. 

I've been on these forums for a long time and have seen so many people - men and women - arrive on these forums because their partner had a dream to move to Australia and they didn't. After years of listening to their partner rhapsodize about Australia, they agree to move, because they know it will make them happy.  It seems like a small sacrifice - after all, Australia is such a lovely place.

Then they arrive and they're terribly homesick.  They realise that their friendships and family are far more important than nice weather, or they discover they have a visceral attachment to their homeland.  But their partner, who loves Australia, thinks it's all fabulous and simply can't understand what their problem is. "You're just not trying". "How can you not love this place?" "Look how much better off we are".  Eventually, the unhappy partner is faced with a choice between a country or their marriage, and surprisingly often, the country wins.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just an update.

Received an s56 request for more info today. Bit of a pain but very glad to have some acknowledgement of movement.

Asked to provide:

● employment references
● contracts
● pay slips
● tax returns
● group certificates/payment summaries
● superannuation information.

For a load of NHS jobs going back 10 years. Going to be a real pain as that's probably a dozen different NHS Trusts. Fortunately I keep most of my contracts and payslips. 

Question if anyone has been through similar:

Do they really want me to upload literally hundreds of payslips, last 10 years of tax returns, contracts and pensions statements, and seek employment references that far back or is there a simpler way of providing a satisfactory answer. I suppose the tax returns would list the employments so hopefully two birds...

I've been asked to do an Aussie police check even though I haven't had 12 months there in total. Will see what the website says and send the screenshots back. 

I've also got to provide a translation of the wedding certificate but I was half expected that. Was hoping having the same details on birth certificates going back 20 years would suffice as proof of relationship but that's easily sorted anyway. 

Application submitted 25/10/2020

Medicals and UK Police check took us to before Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Maussie said:

Do they really want me to upload literally hundreds of payslips, last 10 years of tax returns, contracts and pensions statements, and seek employment references that far back or is there a simpler way of providing a satisfactory answer.

AFAIK they're not actually asking for all of those things, it's an either/or situation.   They're asking you to provide solid proof that you actually worked each of those jobs.   For instance if you have a contract (to show your start date) and a P45 (to prove you actually worked the contract, and show your end date), that's all you need for that particular job.    

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

On 05/03/2021 at 07:41, Maussie said:

Just an update.

Received an s56 request for more info today. Bit of a pain but very glad to have some acknowledgement of movement.

Asked to provide:

● employment references
● contracts
● pay slips
● tax returns
● group certificates/payment summaries
● superannuation information.

For a load of NHS jobs going back 10 years. Going to be a real pain as that's probably a dozen different NHS Trusts. Fortunately I keep most of my contracts and payslips. 

Question if anyone has been through similar:

Do they really want me to upload literally hundreds of payslips, last 10 years of tax returns, contracts and pensions statements, and seek employment references that far back or is there a simpler way of providing a satisfactory answer. I suppose the tax returns would list the employments so hopefully two birds...

I've been asked to do an Aussie police check even though I haven't had 12 months there in total. Will see what the website says and send the screenshots back. 

I've also got to provide a translation of the wedding certificate but I was half expected that. Was hoping having the same details on birth certificates going back 20 years would suffice as proof of relationship but that's easily sorted anyway. 

Application submitted 25/10/2020

Medicals and UK Police check took us to before Christmas. 

You could get a letter from each of the trusts HR dept's confirming the dates of your employment 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks both @Marisawright and @ali

Wasn't as painful as imagined, just loads of scanning. Have more than one evidence of each job and uploaded everything, hoping it's satisfactory. Only waiting on the AFP check to come in the post. 

Part of me can't wait for a (hopefully) positive response but I'd also like it delayed due to current travel limitations. Reading it back it may come across ungrateful but it's not meant that way. Just thinking of the costs and quarantine hassle for validating visas currently is eye-watering! 

• 4 weeks later...

Success....now the hard part begins I guess. 

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

15 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Congrats. Did you go the 491 route?

Might be worth looking at applying for exemption to travel if your occupation falls into the categories. 

Thanks. Went for the 189. Medical job so should be OK travel now but don't intend to migrate immediately. Seems a waste of seats for those in a genuine need to get back. 

I also need to read around to clarify whether if we came over to meet the date of first entry condition, would we then need special permission to fly back to the UK to resume life until we're ready to move properly. Don't fancy get stuck there atm tbh and neither could we afford to now with work and educational commitments here, plus the financial costs of tickets for 6 and potential two-way quarantine. Will likely just leave it a few months and see what happens with the vaccination programmes and travel restrictions later this year. Have until April 2022 for first entry so no real rush, then 2026 for must not arrive after.