Cancel 485 after received invitation 190 ?

Me and my husband are in 485 visa and we were invited to 190, but in the bridging visa says that it only will starts when 485 expire(dec/2020)
I’m pregnant  at this moment and we are thinking to cancel 485 and start the bridging from 190 to have access to Medicare.
Do you know if it is possible ? We have asked for the lawyer that did our process , and she told that is impossible, and if we do this we  couldn’t work.
But for me doesn’t make sense.
Do you guys could help us to have any answer ?

we didn’t find any information about this .

Thank you 

If you cancel the 485, the bridging visa will be cancelled and you will have no visa at all.

It does make sense because the bridging visa connects the 485 and the 190, like a bridge. If you remove one side of the bridge, the whole bridge falls down

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

58 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If you cancel the 485, the bridging visa will be cancelled and you will have no visa at all.

It does make sense because the bridging visa connects the 485 and the 190, like a bridge. If you remove one side of the bridge, the whole bridge falls down

Thank you for Helping me  , do you know if I could have the medicare at this point, or only when finish my 485?

thank you for reply me 🙂

22 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

No. Do not cancel. You would not then be eligible for a bridging visa as you need a visa to give access to the bridging visa. You have to wait till it expires. 

Thank you for Helping me  , do you know if I could have the medicare at this point, or only when finish my 485?

thank you for reply me :)

I have got the interim Medicare card which I have already used twice or thrice after lodging my 190 application.

I have cancelled my 485 health cover because Medicare covers you while you wait for grant.

No need to cancel the visa, just go to the Medicare centre with your lodged application confirmation printout and they'll create your Medicare card. Once you get the card you can cancel your health cover as well if you don't want it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 09:17, Knumar said:

I have got the interim Medicare card which I have already used twice or thrice after lodging my 190 application.

I have cancelled my 485 health cover because Medicare covers you while you wait for grant.

No need to cancel the visa, just go to the Medicare centre with your lodged application confirmation printout and they'll create your Medicare card. Once you get the card you can cancel your health cover as well if you don't want it.

Thank you.

I got the medicare card today.

thanks a lot