switch from 103 to 143 but no response

Aaron_OZ

103 visa lodged in March 2015,

switched to 143 in Sept 2017.

So far no response at all. 

I thought it would be processed quite quickly. 

Email sent to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au but only got auto response. 

Just wondering if there is any way to get their attention?

6 hours ago, Aaron_OZ said:

I think something is very wrong, as your visa should have been processed last year (or sooner). Maybe worth speaking to a good migration agent like @Alan Collett.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone advise me please on following- 

it is regarding initial entry date. Recently one of my close friend’s parents and his brother has been granted visa 143 offshore. Do all the family members have to do initial entry to Australia together or they can also travel on seperate dates and do initial entry separately? 
thank you all the your advise. 

2 hours ago, Jk07 said:

Hi, can anyone advise me please on following- 

it is regarding initial entry date. Recently one of my close friend’s parents and his brother has been granted visa 143 offshore. Do all the family members have to do initial entry to Australia together or they can also travel on seperate dates and do initial entry separately? 
thank you all the your advise. 

Separately is fine ... but check for compliance with condition 8502 if it is applicable: Condition 8502 requires the holder not to enter Australia ahead of the person specified (by name) in the visa.

On 20/08/2020 at 22:14, Aaron_OZ said:

I am also thinking doing the same 

103 visa lodged in 2014 queue date

considering going for 143, Question is will they consider my current waiting time spent on 103 ?  Or I will go back in the line again ? 

44 minutes ago, desert-eagle said:

I am also thinking doing the same 

103 visa lodged in 2014 queue date

considering going for 143, Question is will they consider my current waiting time spent on 103 ?  Or I will go back in the line again ? 

Hi 

we did the swop earlier this year after having a queue date for 103 of 24th August 2015 . The 143 visa was granted on 2nd June . You will see our timeline at the bottom of this post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desert-eagle said:

Perfect thank you, 

My dad is 66 and mum is 59. Can I go for Aged Contributory visa( 864 )  for both or only my dad ? 

We used an agent to smooth the process , so you actually want to switch from 103 to 864 . Are your parents currently in Australia as they would need to be for this visa . If they are offshore I cannot see the benefit for them ,the current restrictions on entry to Australia  due to the COVID virus are very strict and it could be some time before entry is allowed . 

8 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

We used an agent to smooth the process , so you actually want to switch from 103 to 864 . Are your parents currently in Australia as they would need to be for this visa . If they are offshore I cannot see the benefit for them ,the current restrictions on entry to Australia  due to the COVID virus are very strict and it could be some time before entry is allowed . 

They are currently overseas. If 103 is granted, I guess border restriction still applies. Have you been approve to travel ? 

5 hours ago, desert-eagle said:

They are currently overseas. If 103 is granted, I guess border restriction still applies. Have you been approve to travel ? 

Once the 103 is granted you are classed as a permanent resident . We have a flight booked for 23rd October and just have to keep our fingers crossed that we are not bumped

• Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 15:02, desert-eagle said:

Perfect thank you, 

My dad is 66 and mum is 59. Can I go for Aged Contributory visa( 864 )  for both or only my dad ? 

I believe that you can’t change from 103 to 864  You can only change from 103 to 143. If you want 864 you have to withdraw 103 and  start the queue from the beginning again. The age to apply for 864 is 66.5 years rising to 67 next July 

• 4 months later...
On 26/09/2020 at 15:46, palaceboy1 said:

Once the 103 is granted you are classed as a permanent resident . We have a flight booked for 23rd October and just have to keep our fingers crossed that we are not bumped

Thank you so much for sharing your timeline, palaceboy1

I'm contemplating to switch from 103 to 143 too. Do you mind sharing your experience relating to:

1. Did the clock reset when you applied for 143 or Immi took 103 queue date?

2. Did you get a refund for 103?

10 hours ago, sisi.k.ying said:

Thank you so much for sharing your timeline, palaceboy1

I'm contemplating to switch from 103 to 143 too. Do you mind sharing your experience relating to:

1. Did the clock reset when you applied for 143 or Immi took 103 queue date?

2. Did you get a refund for 103?

Our original queue date for 103 was accepted and straight to the top of the queue . We did not get a refund for the initial 103 application as it was our choice to switch over . We are now living in Perth so it all went smoothly last year but very expensive .

4 hours ago, sisi.k.ying said:

Thank you so much for the insights palaceboy1

I'm in discussion with my parents now, if it's a yes from their end, I hope to start the 143 applications this year. I may have more questions once we start the process. 

I found this from Australian Government - Administrative Appeals Tribunal. Looks like you are entitled for a refund. See the full pdf doc enclosed here.

image.png.736cf0f936282ef7e0b730afcbdce538.pngMR23InformationAboutWithdrawingAnApplication.pdf

This appears to refer to applications for 103 visas that are subject to reviews not the initial application charge . Mind you happy to be proved wrong

• 8 months later...

Thank you. Did you just have to fill out documents for 143 again? Or do I need to call immigration department and get details?

Strangely, I cannot seem to find any details on dept of home affairs / immigration website about switching from 103 to 143. Only found this out from forums. Did you find this out from them directly?

Edited by Alison111

5 hours ago, Alison111 said:

Thank you. Did you just have to fill out documents for 143 again? Or do I need to call immigration department and get details?

Strangely, I cannot seem to find any details on dept of home affairs / immigration website about switching from 103 to 143. Only found this out from forums. Did you find this out from them directly?

• Fill out 47A form
  • Form 40
  • On Form 47A ( Page 8  to withdraw your 103 application ) 
  • You dont have to provide all the documents again if they havent changed since you lodged 104 . Example passport copy etc... 

Just follow the steps mentioned on this URL 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-143#HowTo

8 hours ago, desert-eagle said:

I did it myself, was an easy process.

Yes I agree if no problems . However it took three months from paying the second vac charge to the visa being issued and I would like to think that my agent was fighting in my corner . I notice that it was ten months between acknowledgement and visa in your case . Maybe luck maybe not?