Getting Family to OZ

sorca

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone has managed to get family over from the UK to visit recently?  (unlikely - I know) I am due a baby in October and my parents wanted to fly over to help (as I have 2 other toddlers). We have no family support here and so I was gutted once I realised this covid situation wasn't going away anytime soon.   I was pretty sure that there was no way of them getting over, but some people have told me I should apply for an exemption via home affairs and you never know............. ?????  I am aware that even if they did make it over then they would have to go into quarantine etc. Just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to get an exemption and their family has been allowed in?  I must add that I am a citizen, live in QLD and my parents are Scottish if any of that makes a difference.  

You can try but highly unlikely - it's not really compassionate grounds and their chances of getting a flight in the next little while are rather slim. Might be something for the New Year if you are lucky but I doubt they would get anything before Christmas.  Just one of those tyranny of distance things unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, sorca said:

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone has managed to get family over from the UK to visit recently?  (unlikely - I know) I am due a baby in October and my parents wanted to fly over to help (as I have 2 other toddlers). We have no family support here and so I was gutted once I realised this covid situation wasn't going away anytime soon.   I was pretty sure that there was no way of them getting over, but some people have told me I should apply for an exemption via home affairs and you never know............. ?????  I am aware that even if they did make it over then they would have to go into quarantine etc. Just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to get an exemption and their family has been allowed in?  I must add that I am a citizen, live in QLD and my parents are Scottish if any of that makes a difference.  

I don’t hold out much hope for you but no harm in trying. Bare in mind that your parents would also have to quarantine when they return to the U.K. as they will have transited through a country on the quarantine list, or very likely to have.