SC143 Filing Onshore

VikramM

Hi! With SC143 as its stated this may be filed from onshore, if i go for this one while my parents are currently here on visitor visa ( with no conditions on their visa). Can they still travel back to India normally while their current visitor visa expires. Or would they be put on a bridging visa just because they applied SC143 onshore?

I think there is an aged contributory visa option if your parents are over a certain age in which case they can ask for a bridging visa. With the very long waiting times I'd recommend you to research all options! You can always travel back on a bridging visa but just have a more restricted period of stay outside AU - as i said you'll need to do more research.

Hi guys thanks for your response.. I am aware of other visa like SC864 etc.. And have made up my mind to fIle SC143 however just want to know can i file it while they arr onshore or is ther any restriction that SC143 visa can be filed offshore only. 

1 hour ago, VikramM said:

Hi guys thanks for your response.. I am aware of other visa like SC864 etc.. And have made up my mind to fIle SC143 however just want to know can i file it while they arr onshore or is ther any restriction that SC143 visa can be filed offshore only. 

Yes, you can apply for a 143 visa while in Australia, but there are (normally) no bridging rights for this visa class. So your parents would have to leave when their visitor visas expires.

Alternatively, if either of your parents are 66 or over, they could apply for an 864 visa and stay in Australia on a bridging visas for the next 10+ years.

57 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes, you can apply for a 143 visa while in Australia, but there are (normally) no bridging rights for this visa class. So your parents would have to leave when their visitor visas expires.

Alternatively, if either of your parents are 66 or over, they could apply for an 864 visa and stay in Australia on a bridging visas for the next 10+ years.

But that isn’t a great option. The OP’s family are from India. So, no reciprocal agreement on health. So, reliant on private health only. 

12 hours ago, VikramM said:

Why have you chosen that visa?

@ Marisawright

Its like not one size fits all kind of situation have read quite a bit about each category of parents visa realised more of tailored on the scale of cost involved n benefits.

Obviously the cost involved in SC143 is huge but again it comes down to do u want medicare coverage or not.

48 minutes ago, VikramM said:

@ Marisawright

Its like not one size fits all kind of situation have read quite a bit about each category of parents visa realised more of tailored on the scale of cost involved n benefits.

Obviously the cost involved in SC143 is huge but again it comes down to do u want medicare coverage or not.

But I thought you wanted them to get a bridging visa which they won't get on a 143.

Ye thats not the case. i actually did not want a bridging visa n wanted clarity that Sc143 would certainly not issue a bridging visa as they would like to file the application therafter stay in india for most of the time during the app processing period.