Thinking about the future, any advise

Coshay91

Hi guys, I hope you are all well and staying safe through these tough times ahead. 

I wanted to get some advise from people that might know a little bit more about this than I. 

I am a managing consultant for an education recruitment company based in London. Due to the current situation education recruitment consultants are extremely worried about the sector once we are out of lockdown and once we are all back to normal with regards to the Coronavirus. More recently, I have spoken with a couple of people who have told me that there is in fact a need to Uk based recruitment consultants in Austrailia so has forced to me to find out more about this as Oz is a place that I have spend time in, in the past. 

I have a partner and I am a father of two, ones 3 the other is 7. I suppose my question is mainly, would companies consider someone that has a family with regards to sponsorship? If sponsorship wasn’t on offer would would the best way be or relocating out there ? 

any feedback or advise would be brilliant. 

callum

Firstly check to see if your job is on the list. I entered 'consultant' in the search bar and a few options came up. Not sure if these would apply to you. You need to meet the requirements in order to apply for any visa. From what I've seen and read on this forum employer sponsorship is a difficult route, and probably only temporary, which is something forum members would advise against with a family. I wouldn't really have thought there is a desperate need for recruitment consultants. I regularly browse the job sites, such as Indeed, Seek etc and it's not something I've seen a demand for. Lots of recruitment agencies here in Melbourne and probably plenty of people to fill roles. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Edited by cheese n pickle
typo

9 hours ago, Coshay91 said:

I am a managing consultant for an education recruitment company based in London. Due to the current situation education recruitment consultants are extremely worried about the sector once we are out of lockdown...

I have a partner and I am a father of two, ones 3 the other is 7. I suppose my question is mainly, would companies consider someone that has a family with regards to sponsorship? If sponsorship wasn’t on offer would would the best way be or relocating out there ? 

When you say sponsorship, be aware that it will be a temporary visa for 2 to 4 years - it won't give you the right to migrate permanently.  For some occupations, it's possible to apply for permanency after your temp contract, but it's a long, uncertain and stressful process.  If you are comfortable with bringing your family over for a few years to experience a different country, then it can be rewarding - but rent out your home rather than selling, and assume you'll be heading home at the end.

Before you can even consider looking for a sponsor, you need to find out if your occupation is on the Skilled List.  If it's not, then you can't be sponsored, end of story. 

I wouldn't assume the market will be any better in Australia than the UK after lockdown, to be honest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

When you say sponsorship, be aware that it will be a temporary visa for 2 to 4 years - it won't give you the right to migrate permanently.  For some occupations, it's possible to apply for permanency after your temp contract, but it's a long, uncertain and stressful process.  If you are comfortable with bringing your family over for a few years to experience a different country, then it can be rewarding - but rent out your home rather than selling, and assume you'll be heading home at the end.

Before you can even consider looking for a sponsor, you need to find out if your occupation is on the Skilled List.  If it's not, then you can't be sponsored, end of story. 

I wouldn't assume the market will be any better in Australia than the UK after lockdown, to be honest.

It is possible be sponsored/nominated by an employer onto a permanent or regional provisional visa for some occupations. But as @wrussell says, the first step would be to consult one of the Registered Migration Agents who post here. 

@Coshay91, I have a few uni mates who moved to London as teachers through agencies and as @cheese n pickle says, there are a few agencies around in the big cities. Off the top of my head I can think of Anzuk and TES who have ads out often about teaching abroad. There are a couple more but you might need to google. Possibly check on their employment section to see what they offer and ask a few questions to test the waters.

I would seriously consider what @wrusselland @paulhand have said. Get a migration agent to look at your situation and devise a strategy. With a family you don’t want to go for a temporary dead end visa as @Marisawright says while you might qualify for something better. Best to get it right the first time and save yourself a headache down the line. 

As a rule I do not advise applicants with children to apply for temporary work visas. They stand to finish up paying huge amounts for mandatory (essentially useless) health insurance and if their children are old enough to be compulsorily acquired by the State, huge amounts school fees as well and they are at the mercy of the employer who can terminate employment on a whim and often do, leaving the visa holders up that well known creek in a barbed wire canoe and with no paddle. 

Edited by wrussell
sp
  • Like 3

On 21/04/2020 at 17:53, Coshay91 said:

Hi guys, I hope you are all well and staying safe through these tough times ahead. 

I wanted to get some advise from people that might know a little bit more about this than I. 

I am a managing consultant for an education recruitment company based in London. Due to the current situation education recruitment consultants are extremely worried about the sector once we are out of lockdown and once we are all back to normal with regards to the Coronavirus. More recently, I have spoken with a couple of people who have told me that there is in fact a need to Uk based recruitment consultants in Austrailia so has forced to me to find out more about this as Oz is a place that I have spend time in, in the past. 

any feedback or advise would be brilliant. 

callum

I think the main risk is if the job ends you will need to leave the country and the costs involved.  We are using an agent, I can recommend John at immigration2oz. 

• Like 1

Adelaide are offering state sponsorship for recruitment consultants under 491 visa. It’s a 5 year visa with the opportunity to apply for PR after 3 years as long as you comply with the visa requirements.

Im applying soon, just got to do my English test on Wednesday 🙂