AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Thanks all, I had the test and interview yesterday in Melbourne. All went well except they wanted an additional document which I shall have to arrange from my country of birth. Can any body guide if that document has just to be uploaded to my application (after it has been arranged) or it has to be physically submitted to the Melbourne office? 

On 27/06/2022 at 11:25, Athens07 said:

Online however I am pretty sure that the approval letter used to come via post . Except if they changed that recently.  If you read here the pages from 2020-2021 you will see everyone received approval letter via postal. And at the same time the status turned into approval in the account without email notification. Is Good if they changed that . 

I had my Citizenship test and interview on 27/06/2022 in Melbourne, and I received the approval letter by email.

35 minutes ago, Yameen said:

Thanks all, I had the test and interview yesterday in Melbourne. All went well except they wanted an additional document which I shall have to arrange from my country of birth. Can any body guide if that document has just to be uploaded to my application (after it has been arranged) or it has to be physically submitted to the Melbourne office? 

The documents need to be uploaded to your application. 

Is it normal to be asked for additional information twice? 

Applied September 2021. Was asked for an updated New Zealand police check in December, which I provided. Sat the test in May 2022 and now they’ve came back and asked for another New Zealand police check. 

Guessing it wasn’t looked at in December and is now out of date 

On 24/06/2022 at 19:28, Arsa0107 said:

Wyndham council who’s application approved after June 2022 , they  need to wait until next year for ceremony as per Wyndham council officials .

Any idea about the applications approved in May 2022..??

Hi all,

Is anyone waiting from Stonnington Council and or aware of what the wait time looks like. My approval was on June 9th.

It seems shocking that they only have 3 dates for 2022 given the backlog

• Thursday 21 April 2022
  • Thursday 14 July 2022
  • Thursday 15 September 2022
  • Thursday 26 January 2023

On 29/06/2022 at 07:13, Yameen said:

Congratulation mate. Wondering which document they have requested? 

16 hours ago, Bittu said:

Congratulation mate. Wondering which document they have requested? 

They asked for a Police clearance certificate for a recent 30 days visit of my country of birth. Such certificates will be required for every visit till the application is approved and finalised.

• Like 1

Hi all, Please suggest me what documents will be acceptable for change of name before and after marriage? An Affidavit stamped and signed by a lawyer/Megistrate will be acceptable?  I m asking this on behalf of my wife who has to appear for citizenship interview after 2 weeks. Thanks

Edited by Yameen

Do you have marriage certificate? Her old passport ? I submitted my wife old passport and then later at the time of interview they asked for Marriage certificate which I submitted as well , note that if your marriage certificate is not in English they will ask for both Original and it’s true English translation 

Anybody who has had a citizenship ceremony since the change in government - have you received your citizenship certificates yet? 

Was advised at ceremony that these weren’t available due to change in government - so now waiting again. 

wondering is the same happening everywhere - and how long is it taking to receive them after the ceremony? 

Edited by benthomas010

On 02/07/2022 at 02:11, Yameen said:

They asked for a Police clearance certificate for a recent 30 days visit of my country of birth. Such certificates will be required for every visit till the application is approved and finalised.

What if the application is approved but not finalised? Do we still need a PCC for a visit to the home country..??

18 minutes ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Did anyone receive citizenship ceremony invitation for 24th July in Wyndham Council? My application moved to approved state on 28th March 2022 and waiting for invitation.

I guess Arsa0107 who was approved on 4th March 2022 has got the invite.

Edited by Ramy
Correcting the name of the person who was approved