AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 12/11/2021 at 14:36, Sgarnon said:

To all Melbournians waiting for their test - let’s unite together!

If you like many other people I have spoken to are feeling like your citizenship application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it’s been forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let’s our voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

I already wrote to our local MP months backs about how unfair it is that the people who have suffered the most in this country over the last two years are still being treated worse than the areas that have lived without restrictions.

It's honestly a joke though, from what I see no one has any citizenships test since we've reopened, whereas people in SA and WA are getting approved and conferred in 3-4 months. 

Something needs to be done about it, online citizenship test should have become a thing, get all your documents verified like the 100 other visas I had and answer the test questions over zoom. 

Still no news from Melbourne. Applied mid 2020 still haven’t done the test and this is just one of the many things that no longer function in this city “because of covid”. What a disgrace, we have become the worst place to live in Australia.

Edited by Sgarnon

7 hours ago, giulia88 said:

Timeline: 

Applied for citizenship on: 12 May 2021

Still waiting on test 

Council applied: Shoalhaven, NSW

Have you gotten any communication at all or just still showing the status as application received?

Does anyone know if NSW is even processing citizenship applications at the moment?

14 hours ago, Gee! said:

Have you gotten any communication at all or just still showing the status as application received?

Does anyone know if NSW is even processing citizenship applications at the moment?

Are you serious? That’s way within processing times. People in Melbourne are waiting for a sign since mid-2020

24 minutes ago, Sgarnon said:

Are you serious? That’s way within processing times. People in Melbourne are waiting for a sign since mid-2020

Mate, Calm down. I'm sorry you are waiting so long but it's literally just a question. I was just curious if Sydney was processing applications, and wanted to see what timeline in Sydney we are looking at, which is completely different to Melbourne.

29 minutes ago, Sgarnon said:

You need to go a bit easy, mate...

Every state is different and you having longer processing times does mean others have no right to complain...

I applied in September this year and gave my test and received approval in October.. still haven't received the ceremony date and that makes me feel as if it's getting delayed for no reason... And now with Omicorn here, one can expect further delays

Did our citizenship ceremony on Monday and applied for our passports yesterday 

Fantastic to be done 

We are in Darwin 

Here’s our rough application process from the beginning 

OCT 2014 - Applied for visa 

APR 2016 - Granted 489 Visa 

JAN 2017 - Arrive Australia 

FEB 2019 - Apply for PR

MAY 2020 - Granted PR

MAY 2021 - Apply Citizenship 

JUN 2021 - Citizenship Test 

JUl 2021 - Citizenship Approved 

NOV 2021 - Citizenship Ceremony 

DEC -2021 - Apply Passports 

• Congratulations 1

On 12/11/2021 at 14:24, Jul said:

All praise goes to Almighty...

Finally Australian citizen... aussie...🇦🇺

Applied : 14/07/21 & 01/09/21 (wife)

Ceremony: 12/11/2021 

Salisbury city council, Adelaide. 

Would you mind advising how you received your ceremony invitation? I mean by email or just post to your home? 

2 hours ago, EricT said:

Would you mind advising how you received your ceremony invitation? I mean by email or just post to your home? 

We both received an email but then about a week or so later my partner & daughter who’s  9 both received a letter . I never received a letter . Then the day after the ceremony I received an email which had attached the letter they received about 6-8 weeks before. 

Go figure 

On 07/12/2021 at 09:03, mikesmyth said:

Amazing how quickly you got a response.

Is it possible to withdraw my application and apply as a Darwinian?

Hi 

Can anyone help me regarding my question?

My wife failed the Australian citizenship test for the third time, because of her english. 

Should we apply for a new application? or we have to apply for the AAT.

Or have any other options. 

Thank you in advance

29 minutes ago, Hussain said:

Hi 

Can anyone help me regarding my question?

My wife failed the Australian citizenship test for the third time, because of her english. 

Should we apply for a new application? or we have to apply for the AAT.

Or have any other options. 

Thank you in advance

How many answers were given wrong? If it were just a couple, I have heard cases where they consider...

1. Does your wife's application show as "rejected" on the immi account?

2. Just call the immi office and ask them for options... 

1 hour ago, Diemlinh said:

Finally got invitations for ceremony 🎉 me & my husband. Also 2 of my friends got invitations for same date, same location with us.

Timeline:

- Application submitted: 17/7/2020

- Test: 26/6/2021

- Ceremony: 26/1/2022 Australia Day 🇦🇺

Melbourne - Whittlesea council

Hi there

when did you get the email for the invite?

19 hours ago, Diemlinh said:

Finally got invitations for ceremony 🎉 me & my husband. Also 2 of my friends got invitations for same date, same location with us.

Timeline:

- Application submitted: 17/7/2020

- Test: 26/6/2021

- Ceremony: 26/1/2022 Australia Day 🇦🇺

Melbourne - Whittlesea council

Congrats

Did you receive invite from Home Affairs by email first and letter from council next?

Edited by Success21

Some one please guide me. We as family applied for citizenship in May 2021. My daughter applied on a seperate application but opted for the citizenship ceremony to be conducted together with all the family members. Only her application has been approved and she just completed her year 12 of education as well. How to unlink her application from rest of family members (who are still waiting for their applications to be approved) so that she is invited for a seperate citizenship ceremony on asap basis so that she is able to access government loans for higher education in university. We are in Melbourne. Thanks 

Hi All, I have my test later this week, I included my 8 year old son in my application, somebody told me the other day once I get citizenship I will need to submit a further application for him, is this correct?

Timeline:

- Application submitted: 28/4/2020

- Test: scheduled for Friday 17th December

- Sydney CBD

44 minutes ago, sualg said:

Hi All, I have my test later this week, I included my 8 year old son in my application, somebody told me the other day once I get citizenship I will need to submit a further application for him, is this correct?

Timeline:

- Application submitted: 28/4/2020

- Test: scheduled for Friday 17th December

- Sydney CBD

You can ask when you go for the test but if he was included in your application he should get a citizenship certificate when you get yours at the ceremony. You will need to apply for a passport for him though.

• Thanks 1