Partner visa . Centrelink . I see people post about it and I have situation to

Nikita22

Hi I have moved in with my husband in November this year we have been dating since 2010 . I was living with my sister and only just moved in with my husband . I told Centrelink that I was living at his address and single . But I wasn’t living there I was living with my sister . Will immigration see that my old addresses with Centrelink is the same as my husbands . Cause I’m only claiming now that I moved in with him. Cause I only moved in with him November this year . Will they care about that ? 

5 minutes ago, Nikita22 said:

Hi I have moved in with my husband in November this year we have been dating since 2010 . I was living with my sister and only just moved in with my husband . I told Centrelink that I was living at his address and single . But I wasn’t living there I was living with my sister . Will immigration see that my old addresses with Centrelink is the same as my husbands . Cause I’m only claiming now that I moved in with him. Cause I only moved in with him November this year . Will they care about that ? 

When did you and your husband get married?  Were you claiming benefits from Centrelink?  Did you state you were single to Centrelink when you were actually married?

16 minutes ago, Toots said:

When did you and your husband get married?  Were you claiming benefits from Centrelink?  Did you state you were single to Centrelink when you were actually married?

We only got married in November so I wasn’t claming benefits of single . But I was on a single payment because I wasn’t living with a boyfriend I was living with my sister but 4 years ago I used his address with Centrelink and haven’t changed it and I’m only going to claim on my partner visa of when we got married in novemeber because I just move in with him . But I’m not sure if they will see my record of it saying I was living with him when I wasn’t and get into trouble I’m not sure . But I was getting single rate cause I wasn’t married and wasn’t living with him .   But Centrelink know that I’m married and living with him which now my payment has dropped 

Edited by Nikita22

Another person posted earlier today with exactly the same issue (what a coincidence), and that person said their friend was living with their partner whilst claiming a single pension.

Anybody who is claiming a single person benefit whilst partnered, has bigger problems as they cross-match data all the time.

Why would you put your partner's address if you were living with your sister?

Edited by Sammy1

17 minutes ago, Sammy1 said:

Another person posted earlier today with exactly the same issue (what a coincidence), and that person said their friend was living with their partner whilst claiming a single pension.

Anybody who is claiming a single person benefit whilst partnered, has bigger problems as they cross-match data all the time.

Why would you put your partner's address if you were living with your sister?

We are currently fighting with my husbands friend because he won’t post another post for us . He keeps saying we will get done for fraud but I told my husband to ignore his stupid comments . As long as immigration see me and my husband as a genuine couple I’m not worried about getting done for fraud with Centrelink . I’ll rather get done with fraud then to lose my husband . 

24 minutes ago, Nikita22 said:

We are currently fighting with my husbands friend because he won’t post another post for us . He keeps saying we will get done for fraud but I told my husband to ignore his stupid comments . As long as immigration see me and my husband as a genuine couple I’m not worried about getting done for fraud with Centrelink . I’ll rather get done with fraud then to lose my husband . 

Government agencies do talk to one another. I assume it is your husband who is applying for his partner visa?

13 minutes ago, Sammy1 said:

Government agencies do talk to one another. I assume it is your husband who is applying for his partner visa?

Yes it’s for my husband . I’m the sponsor. I didn’t know this was gonna happen if I knew I would of told them I was in a relationship 

5 hours ago, Nikita22 said:

The problem is, that if you 'get done for fraud' then the government will think that you're not of good character.

10 hours ago, Nikita22 said:

Yes it’s for my husband . I’m the sponsor. I didn’t know this was gonna happen if I knew I would of told them I was in a relationship 

Why did you lie to them in the first place? Why tell them you were living somewhere you weren’t? 

11 hours ago, Nikita22 said:

I wouldn’t be ignoring his comments which don’t appear stupid at all.  You may well get done for fraud from what you’ve put.  Have you financially benefitted from choosing to lie?