Pork pies and mushy peas ?

Juditta

4 minutes ago, calNgary said:

We used to eat Corned Beef Hash,, often referred to as what sounds like 'Tayta Ash'' in our northern accents... but the monkey bit has thrown me,lol

Cal x

In our area of Scotland we ate Rumbldethumps which are made using potato, cabbage and onion  mashed up then topped with a layer of cheese before cooking.  I guess it's a bit like bubble and squeak.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Juditta said:

Strangely enough I made corned beef hash a few days ago,  not made it for years, my Australian partner had never heard of it...don't think he was very impressed....must have done it wrong...🤔😧

I  think ive made it every winter for the last 10 years, well up until last year when one night my 'now grown' kids admitted they hated it but used to eat it to keep me happy,lol. Needless to say ive not made it for a while,lol.

Cal x

• Haha 3

On 15/02/2020 at 18:59, calNgary said:

LOL, Never heard of it,lol.. i have heard of corned beef butties though,lol

Cal x

Always have a tin on standby as an emergency filler if I run out of fresh meat making butties for work in a morning , always put some Branston pickle on 

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 3