Expression of Interest

arch123

Piece of string... how long is a... however 85 points is good - think it’s a case of nobody knowing what’s happening next as the 11th will be the first round since the changes. 

Keep this thread informed when you do and you’ll be a good yard stick for others. 

32 minutes ago, arch123 said:

Oh congratulations! I bet you are thrilled! How long did it take for you to be invited after lodging your Expression of Interest?

I lodged the 190 EOI on the Tuesday and had an invite in my email when I woke up on Thursday morning, pretty quick - although not the fastest I've heard of

• Haha 1

Victoria picked up our EOI around 8 weeks after submitting it. We submitted requested docs and now waiting to hear if VIC will be our sponsor. The waiting is torture. There is no queue, no system -  you have to just wait it out until they cherry pick who they want and then you wait longer for them to decided if they actually still want you once they’ve looked over your profile and then if they decide they want you, you can lodge a visa. And then more waiting!!! Some people can go through the whole process in a couple of months but for some closer to a year and even longer for others.

i wish they had some sort of tracker to know how you are getting on along the way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arch123 said:

Thanks Dean0703. Had a panic. I wonder when the December invitations will be issued for 190!

I was under the impression that there is no specific invite date, rather they look at the "pool" many times during that month and pick out the people they want as they need them (based on job need, how many of the same role are already in process and your points)

Note points isn't really a thing for state nomination. Yes you need to get above the immigration threshold and I guess higher points by nature means more competitive but the states have their own criteria and someone with 60pts (before nomination) and superior English may well get invited before someone with 80pts and competent English.

Essentially thinking about 190 as a competitive queue like the 189 is the wrong way to think about it. It's more a beauty parade, you show off what you can offer and they decide if that's attractive enough to go on a first date (invite to apply for nomination)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

Congratulations.

May I ask, is the first entry valid from when you did the police check or when you got the grant?

Cheers 

It could be any of the following

1) Police check date

2) Medical date

3) Grant date

In our case it was the grant date, but that could be because the meds/police check and grant are all pretty close together so it wouldn't have made much more than 4 weeks difference whichever they chose

1 hour ago, arch123 said:

Congratulations! Very excited for you!

How long did it take to be invited? I must admit I am getting impatient 😞

We submitted an expression of interest (once we had our VetAssess reponse and PTE score) on the Tuesday and had an invite to apply for nomination within 48 hours.

The review of the application took about 4 weeks - after which they approved our nomination and we were able to apply for the VISA with Immigration

Applied for visa 24 July and got the grant on 6th Dec