Can divorce affect my permanent residency?

Kaaaaatttt

13 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

If you hold PR irrespective of whether it was via a partner visa or as a dependant, you have PR in your own right so no, getting a divorce will not affect your residency or eligibility for citizenship down the line. 

So I would still be eligible to apply for citizenship? I won't have to go through the same process like what we did when we were applying for my PR?

51 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You apply for citizenship independently when you qualify.  That is the same even if you are still married. 

Thank you. Is it better to apply for citizenship first then file for divorce? Or it really doesn't matter as I will be applying for it it independently?

Do you already hold a PR visa?  It's not clear from your posting history since you were recently posting about getting your police and health checks done.

If your visa hasn't been granted yet and you and your husband are planning to divorce, you are obligated to notify Immigration about the breakdown in your relationship.

20 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Do you already hold a PR visa?  It's not clear from your posting history since you were recently posting about getting your police and health checks done.

If your visa hasn't been granted yet and you and your husband are planning to divorce, you are obligated to notify Immigration about the breakdown in your relationship.

I am asking this for a friend as she doesn't want to reveal her identity. I apologize for the misunderstanding.