Nomination refusal

Hi, the migration agent told me that my nomination has been refused, because the company I work for is under administration, the appeal is $3500, and the agent suggested me not to do it. I got 2 options, 1 to hope that the new buyer will sponsor me and then reapply 2 as soon I will get marry to apply for partner visa.

Any suggestion???

1 hour ago, Wonderingaloud said:

You need to be married 12 months before you apply for the partner visa. 

I think, based on what another seasoned poster wrote on your other post.

Not quite....

They need to be cohabiting for 12 months if applying as De Facto (and not married).

If applying as married they do not need to have been married 12 months but they will need to prove a committed ongoing relationship. 

5 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Not quite....

They need to be cohabiting for 12 months if applying as De Facto (and not married).

If applying as married they do not need to have been married 12 months but they will need to prove a committed ongoing relationship. 

Is there such a thing as a partner visa if those in question are not married?

6 hours ago, CivCdn said:

Is there such a thing as a partner visa if those in question are not married?

Yes, its the same visa. 820/801 onshore, 309/100 offshore 

If you are married then you will have to prove an ongoing relationship, but there is no "at least 12 months" requirement.

If you are not married, but are a de facto couple, then you are required to show that you have been living as if you were a married couple for at least 12 months.