186 direct entry visa

Smr

15 hours ago, Smr said:

Hi Everyone,

Which Australian companies sponsor visa to software engineers for 186 direct entry visa? 

Thanks in advance

It is very difficult to secure sponsorship through the direct entry pathway, unless you have a very in demand occupation or a close relationship with the employer.

This is largely due to the number of applicants who simply use employers to gain Permanent Residency and then leave the employer as soon as they get their visa.

Considering that the company has to pay thousands of dollars in training levies, it is too much of a risk for them to take.

Most will want to secure at least a few years of employment and loyalty through a subclass 482, before considering assisting with permanent residency.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I am on 457 visa (hairdressing) and I had to change my employer 2 months ago. I am bit confused about applying 186 direct entry with my new employer. However , some immigration agents says I can still apply 186 direct entry visa because of grandfathering arrangment , some others say no because Hairdressing is not on the main list. I have already 3 years experiences and only will do skill assessment if they accept hairdressing .Anyone has clear idea  for  this stiuation.. thanks 

15 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Grandfathering arrangement for the occupation only apply to TRT.

How about 187 TRT visa because of working will 3 years full time in regional area but not with same employer. Can I apply this visa. Or only the option is 187 direct entry?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I will be applying for 186 visa DE next week through MA and have a query. Not sure if the salary offered would meet the eligibility criteria.I'm on 485 graduate visa currently working for the employer in medical practice as an accountant. My employer wishes to nominate me for 186 DE with a salary of $54000. 

13 hours ago, Ash@ said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I will be applying for 186 visa DE next week through MA and have a query. Not sure if the salary offered would meet the eligibility criteria.I'm on 485 graduate visa currently working for the employer in medical practice as an accountant. My employer wishes to nominate me for 186 DE with a salary of $54000. 

This is a genuine concerns which you should be asking your MA.

I would suggest you proceed with caution as even from the basic information you have posted, this appears to be a high risk application.

Thanks Raul, I did discuss with MA and she said its above the TSS salary requirement so should be fine. However, I'm not convinced since Its a lot of investment and I don't want to risk losing the visa payment if the nomination and visa is refused. Please can you suggest what should I do.  I'm from India and have 4 years of audit experience in Big4. My firm meets all the criteria, its the salary requirement that's a big concern. 

21 minutes ago, Ash@ said:

Thanks Raul, I did discuss with MA and she said its above the TSS salary requirement so should be fine. However, I'm not convinced since Its a lot of investment and I don't want to risk losing the visa payment if the nomination and visa is refused. Please can you suggest what should I do.  I'm from India and have 4 years of audit experience in Big4. My firm meets all the criteria, its the salary requirement that's a big concern. 

Australia is awash with accountants at the moment, so my concern would be, will Immigration believe that it’s impossible to find a local candidate?

1 hour ago, Ash@ said:

TSS is a subclass 482 temporary working visa and not relevant to a 186 DE application. I think you are referring TSMIT salary requirements. 

TSMIT is not the only issue that needs to be addressed with salary as there is also the Market Rate requirements to consider.

The other issue is whether a full time Accountant would be required for a Medical Practice as this would form part of the genuine position.

I'm already working in the firm for 1.5 years a an accountant. The firm has 5 GP practice with 40 employees with head office in CBD. hence there is a genuine need for Accountant. So do I look at 189 instead then, as I have only 80 points. Not sure if that is enough to get an invitation. 

1 minute ago, Ash@ said:

I'm already working in the firm for 1.5 years a an accountant. The firm has 5 GP practice with 40 employees with head office in CBD. hence there is a genuine need for Accountant. So do I look at 189 instead then, as I have only 80 points. Not sure if that is enough to get an invitation. 

I can't see how your existing employment would make much difference.   Reading the Home Affairs, website, it says that employers must "conduct labour market testing". That's not defined, but if part of it requires them to show they can't find a suitable local candidate, you're sunk.  If they advertised that position tomorrow, they would receive large numbers of applications from local candidates and many of them would be perfectly suitable.  

Thanks Marisawright. That's my concern as well. i'm aware there are a lot of accountant with my experience, qualification and license. I think I should think of 189 as an option rather than waste my money on 186 DE. The MA I consulted did not give me enough information on the salary requirement and said the salary was sufficient, hence wanted to know if anyone could help and get me insight in this issue. 

24 minutes ago, Ash@ said:

Thanks Marisawright. That's my concern as well. i'm aware there are a lot of accountant with my experience, qualification and license. I think I should think of 189 as an option rather than waste my money on 186 DE. The MA I consulted did not give me enough information on the salary requirement and said the salary was sufficient, hence wanted to know if anyone could help and get me insight in this issue. 

You keep mentioning the salary, but I think you need to go back to your agent and ask them what "labour market testing" means.  Maybe it doesn't mean they have to advertise the position, in which case you might be OK.  But you need to check that. 

Raul is a highly respected migration agent and he has told you that your application is high risk.  I would take that seriously.  You may want to pay Raul for a second opinion.

Edited by Marisawright

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2019 at 06:40, Raul Senise said:

It is very difficult to secure sponsorship through the direct entry pathway, unless you have a very in demand occupation or a close relationship with the employer.

This is largely due to the number of applicants who simply use employers to gain Permanent Residency and then leave the employer as soon as they get their visa.

Considering that the company has to pay thousands of dollars in training levies, it is too much of a risk for them to take.

Most will want to secure at least a few years of employment and loyalty through a subclass 482, before considering assisting with permanent residency.

Hi, Raul , I have got 187 visa last July. If I leave the employer due to not enough work .because I have been working 2 years now and the business is not going well.If I live the employer and stay in regional area,Does it impact to Australian citizenship Application. However there is risks of investigating that the breaches the visa condition because I need to stay two years with same employer. 

Hi guys 

i was a silent reader for so long but finally i’ve opened my account to join in conversation and ask few questions.

i have applied for 186 visa Direct Entry Stream on a 12/06/2019 through my company who also sponsored me for a 457 visa 1.5 years ago. My occupation is Metal Fabricator 322311 and my country of birth is Serbia. I am just wondering if certain occupations have quicker processing time or all 186 Direct Entry Stream visa applications have the same processing time ? I live and working in Brisbane . If anyone know anything about similar cases like mine I would appreciate to share some informations.

Thanks guys